• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Short Horror film - Feedback please!

Hey guys,

Hows everyone?

Just finished a little group project, called Mort Viendra, and want some feedback on the video!

I know the footstep sounds aren't very good/realistic but we had some issues with the wind ruining our audio recording! I made the best of it.

Let me know what you think, it's not my favourite piece of work i've done but I hoep you enjoy it!

Thanks in advance,
Josh

https://vimeo.com/128623152

Last edited:
I have to agree with film_autre... "cough..." is about as constructive as you can expect the criticism to be.

(In all seriousness though, how can you expect any kind of feedback if you don't at least post a link to the video?)

(D'oh!)

Mort

I think you might be able to cut a little more. Some of the walking in the woods to and from the castle could be shorter. Also, shouldn't she be walking a bit faster away from the castle then when she approached?
I liked the look and the story. Nice job.

I think you might be able to cut a little more.

IMO a lot more.

Try something:

Intercut your opening titles and vision. Picture of castle, title, taking photos, title, picking up diary, title, followed through woods, title. Cut to home. You'd be able to cut out lots and perhaps keep the interest of the audience.

I think the cinematography is really good. I like the camera angle used when the photographer arrives home and she enters the front door. The text at the beginning could definitely be excised though, and that would help with the pacing too. When the blurry/double-vision effect is used it is actually distracting and since it doesn't seem to have a purpose I feel it could have been excluded as well, unless you were trying to convey that the photographer is experiencing it, and if that is the case then it doesn't really work.

Overall it wasn't a bad short. It would still be useful to use certain shots from this in a demo reel. But it does need more trimming to make it a better paced short.

Thanks guys, I'll bare that in mind for the next project.

I like the idea of mixing visual with the titles at the front to pace it up a bit too or creating a different way of introducing the film (As I agree they were unnecessary but I needed them in there to complete the brief to a module this was for)

Thanks again, Looking forward to any more advice.

Josh.

Back