• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Western synopsis wanted!

Hi, I’m Salvatore and I am getting to shoot a spaghetti-wester (like Sergio Leone’s), but I don’t have a good synopsis/subject/theme/story.
Thank you very much.

A bounty hunter hears a rumour about burried gold, but he is not the only one.
A hitman and a thief are looking for it as well.
To find it they need to work together, but are they willing to share it?
Can they trust each other?

;)

Do I understand correctly: you have everything ready exept a good story?

BTW,
Welcome to IT!

What location, actor, crew, equipment, and budget resources do you have available?
Otherwise there's no sense in tossing out random story lines.

TY.

Hi, I’m Salvatore and I am getting to shoot a spaghetti-wester (like Sergio Leone’s), but I don’t have a good synopsis/subject/theme/story.
A bounty hunter (a spaghetti western standard) is hired to (find or kill)
someone who did something. What theme interests you? This spaghetti
western standard opens you up to hundreds of themes and plots.

A drifter (a spaghetti western standard) rescues a women from being
raped. The bad guys hunt them. Is she setting him up? Does he have
a secret?

A school teacher traveling to a small town is kidnapped by outlaws. He
helps the gang rob banks. But falls in love with the leaders girl.

A bounty hunter is hunted by a fellow bounty hunter.

You now have a choice of subject/subject. You put in the theme that
interests you.

Or are you looking for a writer to write the entire script for you?

Thank you very much.

Hi, I'd need only the synopsis. Without problems about crew, location and budget. I'd only need a good synopsis for spaghetti-western.

How much does it pay? I mean, why give you an idea which I could write up and shoot/sell myself? What's in it for the writer? :contract:

a pile of spaghetti finds a cowboy hat hidden away in grandma & grandpa's attic, prompting him to explore the origins of the hat. along the way he realizes that the hat is capable of turning him into a real human, but with one caveat - he must eat his spaghetti grandparents to stay in that form, otherwise he'll wither away into a dried pile of marinara.

Pocho99,

I get it that you think you're not asking for much, but in reality, you're asking for a hell of a lot!

Honestly, best of luck on your shoot, but no-one in his right mind would give you a damn good story if you can't even state whether or not you have the capacity to deliver an end-product.
After all, anyone with equipment can get a few mates together - could even round up some wannabes looking for a means to show off their talent - but when people aren't being paid and have day-jobs, enthusiasm soon peters out.

Let's put it another way: would you give a stranger on the internet your excellent concept for free, without knowing who he is, who he can get to work on the project, if it'll even happen and if it'll be completed if it indeed even starts?

Bear this in mind also: for writers, Concept is King (i.e. who'd want to write a shitty story that nobody's interested in?).

The pile of spaghetti sounds interesting, but for me the snowman is still winning. Let me try one:

A no-name cowboy with a shady past drifts into town looking for work (ala 'Fistful of Dollars'). But there is no work. None at all. Things in the town are actually pretty peaceful.
He spends the next several days pestering the locals and running up a tab at the tavern (the barkeep had mistaken him for the Governor of Texas for some never properly explained reason).
After 90 minutes or so of basically not much happening, the drifter leaves town.

I know I asked a big thing, but I thought I could receive help. Anyway I'm an amateur, I cannot pay none because nobody pays me. I'm just 15, and I'd like to write a spaghetti-western, because I love Leone's western and I'm a passionate.

A bounty hunter (a spaghetti western standard) is hired to (find or kill)
someone who did something. What theme interests you? This spaghetti
western standard opens you up to hundreds of themes and plots.

A drifter (a spaghetti western standard) rescues a women from being
raped. The bad guys hunt them. Is she setting him up? Does he have
a secret?

A school teacher traveling to a small town is kidnapped by outlaws. He
helps the gang rob banks. But falls in love with the leaders girl.

A bounty hunter is hunted by a fellow bounty hunter.

You now have a choice of subject/subject. You put in the theme that
interests you.

Or are you looking for a writer to write the entire script for you?

I like this plot. Anyway if you know (and I think you know) some Leone western you know what is the theme about.

I'm developing a program at the moment that is designed for guys like you who want to build a career, without access to a budget.

You're supposed to show photos of your locations and get a script tailored for your strengths. Then you're expected to shoot a test scene that will be evaluated to make sure that your result truly is good enough for the cinema. That way you won't waste anybody's time, shooting a whole feature that isn't as good as you thought it was going to be.

Back