Feature in New Jersey and New York City (All Positioned Available)

We need crew for a large budget indie ($8 million) feature film shooting throughout New Jersey and New York City. All positions are currently available (except director). All positions paid (including PAs).

Expected shoot dates are February 4th through March 15th.

Email Andrew.McCarrick@area51entertainment.co

Shooting on Red Ones and Red Scarlets.

Will be Posting acting breakdowns soon as well. Will be SAG.

Last edited:
Since I haven't gotten many replies so far (did get a handful), I'll post exactly what we're looking for:

First A.D.
Second A.D.
Production Coordinator
Script Supervisor
Multiple Production Assistants
Production Designer
Assistant Production Designers
Set Construction Coordinator
Set Construction Labor and Painters
First Grip
Second Grip
3 x Additional Grips
Dolly Grip
Set Decorator
Lead Man/Assistant Set Decorator
3 x Swing Gangs
Property Master
Assistant Property Master
Costume Designer
Costumers
Make-Up and Hair
Gaffer
Best Boy
Electrics
DP
4 x Camera Operators
4 x 1st Assistant Cameras
4 x 2nd Assistant Cameras
Still Photographer
Sound Mixer
2 x Boom Operators
Transportation Coordinator
25 x Drivers (must have CDL)
Location Manager
Assistant Location Manager

Since I haven't gotten many replies so far (did get a handful), I'll post exactly what we're looking for:

Bizarre. You've got an 8 mil budget with paid positions and you're having problems finding peeps in NYC? Where else have you posted for help, besides here?

Sorry Andrew, but somebody has gotta call your bluff. You don't have an $8mil production, and nobody reading this should pay you any mind.

If I recall correctly (and I do), you were recently trying to sell your "production company", but it came with nothing more than a bunch of high-concept ideas, with no films produced. And here's the kicker -- you were selling your "production company" in order to get out of a whopping $3,000 debt, because you can't imagine any way to get a job at someplace like McD's, seeing as how your (parents') house is a whopping mile-and-a-half from the nearest bus-stop that would take you to Atlantic City.

Sorry Andrew, but somebody has gotta call your bluff. You don't have an $8mil production, and nobody reading this should pay you any mind.

Optioned a screenplay. Certainly not for $8 mil, but enough to move things forward. We do have $1.2 mil in tax credits. Working about $800,000 in Product Placement. Then well be securing some A-List talent and pre-selling a few territories. Then finishing everything off with a little crowdfunding, some GAP and equity financing.

If you do have an $8 million budget you should be finding the DP that you want, not advertising for the position on an internet forum. With that sort of money you can pretty much take your pick.

Mandy is fine and you'll find a lot of talented and up and coming crew there but this is not how you arrange the crew on an $8 million shoot.

If you do have an $8 million budget you should be finding the DP that you want, not advertising for the position on an internet forum. With that sort of money you can pretty much take your pick.

Well that's part of the problem is I can't think of any off the top of my head that I would want. I'm only 24, so I really want some body fairly young (under 40-ish), that I could do additional films with for years.

We got a budget of $6750 a week for a DP.

Back