• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Question about using Encore DVD

I was using it to make a DVD and followed the tutorials on youtube, but I cannot find a tutorial that deals with this particular problem. When it comes to working in the flowchart I have it it set up so that when the DVD is played the menu comes up first. From there you can go to the chapter menu, and from there, the chapters.

However, I need to set the end action for the last chapter and that is for after the movie is done playing, to go back to the main menu.

But for some reason the chapters are not 'clickable'. By that I mean they are all faded in the flow chart compared to to the other items in it. They are faded and cannot be clicked.

I cannot find a tutorial that deals with this problem. Does anyone know what it could be? Thanks for the input :)

Don't do it in the flowchart. It is just a representation of your menustructure.
Select time line with movie in the assest or timeline window.
(Because you want to say what to do at the end of the movie, instead of what to do at the end of the chapter.
You can only say what to do at the end of a chapter, if the chapter is a movie on it's own.)
A properties window should open.
There is 'end action' somewhere in it.
Click the dropdown menu and select going to startmenu (or whatever you called it)

Last edited:
Okay thanks, that worked :)

Another problem I have with the program is when I load the menu, the music I have set for it, does not play. In the project panel, I have all my music tracks for different parts of the menu, and I noticed that the one that won't play for the main menu, is italicized in the project panel, unlike the other tracks. Does that mean anything?

Okay thanks. It's not a problem now. I gave the file a different name and now it accepts it. Strange. Thanks.

Also when it comes to making DVDs and the write speed, I have four options. 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, and 16x. Sometimes the sound cuts out just for a fraction of a second, but you can still hear it. I was told that the slower the write speed, the less of chance something will go wrong when making DVDs.

I watched some tutorials and on the tutorials, they have the option of using 1x which of course is the slowest, and therefore, less likely for something to go wrong when burning lots of copies, right?

Is it possible to acquire 1x for Encore CS5.5., because the lowest option I have is 4x. Thanks.

Back