Shades of the Face thriller on Indiegogo

Hey guys,
I've written/directed some self-funded films in the past years when I was abroad. But practically my work has been unseen, and my challenge has been raising money to make something with a team that I can be proud of and that I deem worthy for investing in for publicity. Now I'm back in America and hoping to get my first funding for a short thriller I've been writing for the past 6 or 7 months.

Here's the Indiegogo homepage for Shades of the Face:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/shades-of-the-face
----------------------------
Here's a SYNOPSIS:

Doug and Kenny are one in the same person- a man with multiple personalities. Having a new love interest in his life, Annie, he confronts a dilemma with a support group: a life puzzle that's now torturing his mind and isolating him from the outside world. Now that he has fallen in love, the question remains of how such a relationship can play out if Annie only loves Doug, and not Kenny. Faced with recent disturbing visions as well as troubles with his relationship, Doug and Kenny must put the puzzle pieces of his memory together. However, as his psychological journey of recollection runs deeper, the truth about his plight turns out to be more dreadful than he ever imagined.

----------------------------

My purpose for posting here is of course to promote my project, and I'm hoping you guys will watch the video I made on the Indiegogo page. If it sparks your interest, do follow my project! If you have anything that could help me (help spreading the word, advice about the Indiegogo page, the perks, or even contributions) I'd really appreciate any support.

My other work, in case you're interested, can be found here:
www.youtube.com/user/mussashimits/

Thanks for reading!

Derek,
I watched your indiegogo video. I liked it. I'm not sure why I liked it. I felt like donating the $5 minimum even though I don't know you. Hold on. Let me actually do that before I say more.

So I just donated 5 bucks, and it's only because I felt like you were a nice guy, and I'm trying to spend coffee money elsewhere. But I probably would have paid more, if you included in your message some examples of videos you've shot that would give me confidence that any money I provided would be used wisely and well. You might want to do that as you market your campaign. I went through some youtube clips of yours and didn't really see anything that made me feel "this guy is different from every other filmmaker with an indiegogo account." You probably want to advertise your best filmmaking as opposed to providing just your main youtube page.

Good luck. You seem like a nice guy. I hope you're a good filmmaker. I hope you raise your funds.
Best,
Aveek

Back