What is the best solution for a film website on a tight budget?

Hi all,

I have been a forum reader (aka lurker) for quite a while, but this is my first post.

I am currently working on a low budget film project and I have volunteered to put together a website to promote the film.

I am researching the best solutions to build a professional looking site at minimal cost. The main content will be the film trailer (and later on the film itself), a synopsis of the film, some bio blurb for cast and crew and other credits etc.

I am thinking of making the site using Wordpress and recently came across some possible themes that might work for the site, but most of those are paid themes.

I'm also considering using wix.com, which seems even easier than wordpress.

Does anyone have any ideas for a zero-cost option? What did you use to build your website? What works for you and why? Any info would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know of any zero-cost options. If you find one, please let me know. I've been a fan of godaddy for quite some time now. The monthly cost is not great, and their customer service is just the tits.

I've gone with Squarespace for my latest project. At like $8 a month, it's essentially zero-cost and for a simple host/CMS it definitely looks the nicest. Very easy to use, very easy to integrate your domains, I'm pretty happy with it.

Back