• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Just made a short skit color correction question

Disclaimer: I grade using Resolve, so I'v never touched Magic Bullet. However, I would think the basics of color grading going to remain the same: Make sure you have your footage with all your effects and everything, in the least compressed format. Then take it into your correction program.

Resolve can automatically cut your entire short back into single shots so that you can grade them individually, im assuming most programs can do this. So if you have already edited everything, no need to cut it up again. Then just do a primary pass in which you give a nice look and feel to the image allround, and if there's something you want to grade individually, pull a key and grade that seperately.

You can save certain colour corrections and apply them on several different tracks to get a consistent look and feel throughout your entire film, I would recommend using that alot :). Consistency is very important, using roughly the same grades on footage can archieve a nice effect, and you can always just correct some more to add more consitency, but in general, copypasting just saves you alot of time.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back