• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NewYork Life Spot on poptent

Here is another commercial from Scott family films..

http://www.poptent.net/media/22690

Let me know what you think.

Particularly production sound. I think this is my first official production with production sound. I used the octava 012 cardioid into a beachtek preamp then into the camera for the boom. The voice over lines used a rode NT1 into my Digi 001 PC based DAW.

Last edited:
I think it sounds good. I also think, for the large part, it looks good. Nice work.

I'm not entirely clear on what the message is, other than insurance rules are confusing.

the customer wants to contrast "promises" with "guarantees" ...

Thanks.. the sound is still a bit off.. I dont know if its the camera or my preamp.. I should post a raw take for the audio geeks to check out..

I liked the lighting/composition of the shots :)

But I was also a bit confused about the message. I had to think about it to get an idea of how it correlated.

Good luck with the contest!

Thanks folks, it was a rush job .. with last minute changes in writing because teenagers are fickle.. first there in, then there out.. and my gosh, teenage GIRLS !!! Its amazing we survived the weekend.

Back