• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Mr. Henderson: Shooting This Weekend

Uranium City

Pro Member
indiePRO
When I work with novice actors, I like to pump them up with a little teaser trailer right before we shoot. Get them excited about making a damn movie instead of nervous about having to act on screen. So this is not meant to promote the film so much as pump up the cast and crew. Mr. Henderson shoots this weekend; wish us luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRJWSclto30

Break a leg, Joseph.

A strong script, a talented director and crew, a great acting troupe. You've got it all.

Should be a snap!

-Charles

I used to make the cast and crew mixtapes, but no one seems to know how to operate a tape deck anymore. So I resort to video. And John, as I've researched this script over the last two years I can't help but think of Indietalk and yourself. Should have worked in a cameo for you...

Thanks for asking, Charles. It went WONDERFULLY. The weather was our biggest worry...storms and rain forecast, and half the film takes place outside. But instead of rain, we got nice even gray skies all weekend.

Actors all performed perfectly, including my 7-year old daughter making her screen debut.

We rented three hotel rooms to put up the cast and crew, and used one as makeup as we had to age a 35 year old actor to his mid seventies. This process took about 8 hours.

I let my daughter call "that's a wrap" after the last scene was in the can, two minutes ahead of schedule and $200 under budget.

I'm still buzzing.

This is being done for my brother's Masters thesis at Michigan State and he has to defend it before December, so post-production is proceeding ALL AHEAD FULL.

World premiere will probably right here in the private screening room in about 6-8 weeks!

World premiere will probably right here in the private screening room in about 6-8 weeks!

smiley_woop.gif

Back