Stuff Foster is working on

Second draft
--------------

Seeking: Young Actress
For: Lead in Psychological horror short film

A woman is held hostage by a serial killer.
She is fierce and combative, he is manipulative and terrifying.

This script is really intense!

Instead of gore the focus is on psychological torture. To that end there is some female nudity, but please note there are no sex scenes. I don't want you to do anything undignified, this is a horror movie not a smut film.

It's important to me that you're safe and feel comfortable with the role. There is a kiss so if you have a boyfriend or someone you prefer I would love to audition/cast the two of you together. If you're single you're still welcome to apply, this story is all about finding an actress with the right intensity!

What is my reason for creating horror? Such dark, mature subject matter?

Pay: I have a marketing strategy and a business plan, this is not a youtube deal with penny payouts. I believe it's possible to translate millions of views into millions of dollars.

I'm offering partnership and revenue sharing. A powerful script to showcase your talent and the potential to make a lot more money than any upfront fee. If you're interested in the role I will discuss my realistic business plan with you privately for your consideration.

Sides: Read the first page and a half here, imagine this was on your acting reel. <link>

--

edit: Oh hey i just remembered this other actress i almost worked with a couple times. she would be a great fit now that i think about it. email sent.

Last edited:
edit: Oh hey i just remembered this other actress i almost worked with a couple times. she would be a great fit now that i think about it. email sent.

She had a lot of nice things to say about the script, she really liked it.
but she said she doesn't do nudity so I'll have to keep looking.

Isn't there a way to suggest nudity without the actress actually being nude?

Absolutely I could tell the story with implied nudity. I just don't think I could sell it.
I'd rather tell this story for free than trash the script so that'll probably happen. I'm trying to cling on to this foolish hope that maybe people would pay to watch something I made, and if it's a lot of people it would be a significant income.

Here's a bit of irony.. the actress that didn't want to do this abduction script..
I'm filming with her for my crime thriller, she is getting abducted this saturday :lol:

It's a ransom abduction though! It's different. And I found a perfect dead end road that I can block off with cars and a body in the middle. No traffic to worry about.

I think I might have pissed off my DP/Producer for this one.. he has been so busy, not even shooting 2 days a month over a 7 month period. I told him we are not on track to finish until after 2017. He suggested not finishing.. only doing half the story. At that point I told him I can film all the indoor dialogue exchanges without him and we can finish the whole thing by the end of the summer. Shitty to do any of it without him but it's a hell of a lot shittier to abandon the project and not finish!!

Third draft of the casting call!
I took out the paragraph about the kissing scene and my mention of auditioning couples.

It makes things weird because I've never heard any mention of kissing in a casting call before.
When it comes up naturally I'll tackle the issue.

I also put in real numbers. I said it's possible to translate 6 million views into 2 million dollars.

Last edited:
I think I might have pissed off my DP/Producer for this one..

If this is a short film, I'd agree with him. If you cannot finish shooting a short film until 2017 with there being 9 months left in this year, I'd consider scrapping the project, or at a minimum, seriously changing what isn't working as options. I don't think any short film is worth 9 months of shooting.

If this is a short film, I'd agree with him. If you cannot finish shooting a short film until 2017 with there being 9 months left in this year, I'd consider scrapping the project, or at a minimum, seriously changing what isn't working as options. I don't think any short film is worth 9 months of shooting.

Seems like you didn't read my full post or understand what I was saying.
What wasn't working was his busy schedule so I am going to film the indoor dialogue scenes without him to plow through a lot of the script.

What might have pissed him off was me doing it on my own without him but I don't think the actors would keep with us and still be shooting in 2017. BTW it would be a total of 14 months shooting at the old pace before I told him I would shoot some scenes alone. We're talking about a 30 page script.

Last edited:
This has gotta be one hell of a plan. I'm really curious on how on you are planning on getting numbers in the ballpark of what Game of Thrones gets?

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/game-of-thrones-finale-ratings-jon-snow-cersei-1201519719/

or better than a very successful established web series which managed to only get a little over 5 million views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhiRE2hfFJc

The audience is the real wild card. Marketing is difficult without a lot of money.
I'm just saying IF we get 6 million views, i predict it will translate into 2 million.

I used those numbers because with a 50/50 split it would make each of us a million dollars.

Last edited:
Seems like you didn't read my full post or understand what I was saying.
What wasn't working was his busy schedule so I am going to film the indoor dialogue scenes without him to plow through a lot of the script.

What might have pissed him off was me doing it on my own without him but I don't think the actors would keep with us and still be shooting in 2017. BTW it would be a total of 14 months shooting at the old pace before I told him I would shoot some scenes alone. We're talking about a 30 page script.

Yep, I didn't read it correctly. I was rushing out the door and skimmed. Still 14 months for 30 pages. Was there a schedule sorted at the beginning? If there was and people's schedule alters, it's usually acceptable to find a replacement.

The audience is the real wild card. Marketing is difficult without a lot of money.

It depends on the target market.

We didn't have a schedule with every date planned out, no. It's been a good lesson for me that'll come in handy when I do a feature film.. eventually.

We didn't have a schedule with every date planned out

Lesson learned I suppose. I schedule around key crew and cast and then if others cannot fit into that schedule, we have to keep looking. What I avoid is having to spend 80% of my time juggling and rejuggling schedules only to have that remaining 20% for pre prod and shooting.

$0.33 per view?
That is a high value per view. Considering that add revenue on YouTube is pretty close to $0.001 or even $0.0001, I suppose you are aiming at some kind on video on demand platform?

Anyway, you don't have to defend your numbers or spill the beans, I'm just curious as always :P
I hope it works out.

Yeah youtube ads are for penny payouts. This is a new business model I haven't heard of, so these numbers are based on nothing more than speculation. There is no preexisting model for me to take hard data from.

It's been almost 2 weeks. How time flies.

I am still working on the casting call. :lol:
This is why I'm such a slow writer..

Every time I come back to it I make changes and improvements. As long as I keep improving it, the writing isn't done. It's never felt so futile writing something but it's good practice I suppose.

Kickstarter - Putting together parts of a kickstarter video with me in the police uniform. All my filming is done, but I'd like to get some of me all dressed up for the promotional video before I shave my mustache.

Once that's finished the mustache is gone and I can grow my hair out. :cool:
I'm bringing sexy back

The mustache is gone!!!!!
I can't believe how long I had that thing.

I had it for over a year, various delays and what have you... I look 5-10 years younger.
But I'm still overweight and I'm not used to my cheeks being this chubby. My mouth looks small.

I filmed a segment for kick starter today. (reshoot) That was my final mustached task.

Another thing I did today was turn 33. I'll probably be 35 when this thing is released :lol:

A day of shooting for Criminal Bounds today

I set the DVR for two news programs, checked them both out when i woke up... they said oh the rain isn't bad. not as bad as yesterday!!

WRONG! It was worse. pouring hard at some points and no breaks

I didn't mind at first but it got really cold and miserable near the end. And I was the only guy with a poncho... can't imagine how much worse the actors felt.

Rain probably doesn't even show up on camera.. we have to ADR all the dialogue since we couldn't get a microphone. but at least we got the scene on the books

Thanks! And it was a new experience which is great.
Now I know what it's like to shoot in pouring rain.

I had a giant umbrella with a heavy marble stand, we would move that around and keep the camera under it.

Back