• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Audio Post-Production Professionals

Hi,

my name is Martim and I'm building a career in audio. I'm still starting out, so I don't know exactly what path I want to follow, but an area that I've always liked is Post Production for film. I'm trying to research more about jobs in those areas, and I think that the best way to do this is to talk to people who actually do those jobs.
I live in Lisbon; so I'm interested in contacts there, but also in London. Do you guys know of anyone?

Thanks!

One of my friends/acquaintances is a highly experienced/respected professional and is probably the top audio post person based in Lisbon. He's a busy man though and I hesitate to give you his private contact details until I check with him first.

I also have quite a few contacts in London. Before I do any of this though I need to be sure that putting you in contact is the appropriate next step. Maybe you can tell me a bit about yourself: What formal education do you have in audio? How well do you know Pro Tools? What audio post experience do you have, if any? Do you know the basics of audio post, the various audio post roles and exactly what they do? Audio post is a very competitive area, are you absolutely sure that's what you want to do and how committed and dedicated are you to succeeding in this field?

G

Back