Anyone on iTunes AND Amazon Prime?

Does anyone have a movie distributed on BOTH iTunes AND Amazon Prime? If so what is the ratio of revenue between the two?

I know that to get on iTunes, Distribber charges a $1,595 "delivery charge" and they have a reoccurring annual fee of $225 and they have a $200 "take-down fee". NO WAY I'm going to even take a chance with this unless there's big upside.

Prime to me seems like a great way to get your film out there. Nobody wants to pay to watch a flick by an unknown, even major flicks are gamble. Prime lets them watch free due to them having the Prime membership so you only get pennies but your film has a better chance of getting out there... IF the film happens to take off... it would be good to be on multiple platforms so you can also get $ from those downloads and PPV.

I have never run into anyone who has actually made a profit off of itunes. They always seem to spend more to get it there than they get back in revenue. With Amazon Prime, it's a "DIY" for free, (except maybe for the captions), and you keep all the money.

Back