Actor with Gigantism

Hi there,

I have a screenplay that I would like to produce, but it requires a very tall man, namely 8 feet tall. Of course, with technology and how it's filmed, there are ways around finding such a tall man, and rather "faking" it. What are your thoughts on the subject? How would you go about filming this? Would you get an actually tall man?

Thanks.

That is true. I can always find a guy that's 6-7 feet tall and find short actors to make it seem like he's 8-9 feet tall. Of course I'd have to make the atmosphere miniature too. Any other suggestions?

Tom Cruise / Daniel Craig it up - Platform shoes.

Obviously, these guys are compensating for height, but there isn't any reason you couldn't use the same method to make someone seem a whole lot taller.

I mean, you can't find platforms that are going to make them two feet taller, but if you can find someone who's already decently tall, over 6 foot, there's no reason you couldn't add 8 inches to that height with platforms. Just make sure they're wearing some longer pants!

Shoot from lower angles, use some forced perspective, and add platform shoes and you could even make a shorter-than-the-rest actor look so much taller than the others. :P

Be creative! You'll find a way that'll almost certainly be easier than locating a man of that height! :)

Honestly as some one who is 6ft6in when you get to a level of tall, no one can tell how tall you are. I've had girls that barely make it to 5ft tell me that I can't be an inch past 6ft3 or demand that I admit I'm actually 6ft9.

As long as your actor is about a head an shoulders above the rest and shoot him ducking through door ways and celling fans. Get at least one good shot of him trying to fold up to fit into a train or plane or car or something. I have extremely long legs, even for my height so I've found ways to bend and fold them up to get into the back seat of a car with my knees to my chin, but getting out is always a bit of a struggle/ comedy.

Back