• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch UNTIL YOU DO, a (very) short film!

Hey everyone! Before I post this, I just want to say that I don't post very often, but I come on daily to check out all of your videos. Some really great work. As absolutely cornball as this is, it's other great up-and-coming filmmakers that inspire me to be better.

Anyway! so here's the story. I was cleaning out my external hard drive, and I noticed I had some unused footage from previous shoots. I began watching it, and realized that somehow, they could connect to one another. So, I began toying around with the footage, and I came up with this idea on how to piece the completely arbitrary footage together to make a little something. I'd love to know what you think. It's more of a concept, emotion piece than it is a narrative, but I tried to juxtapose the different days of footage to link them together.

https://vimeo.com/46338197

Keep in mind, this was edited together on a whim and none of this footage was intended to be made into anything. I'd mostly like to hear about the cinematography. What shots worked, which didn't, etc.

Shot on a CANON 60D. Edited in FCP.

Thanks so much in advance!

Nice, atmospheric piece.

The narration compared to the music was really low and I had a hard time finding the right balance where i could understand the words without the piano being too loud.

Back