Using UHF Overseas

I am looking to buy a UHF lav mic set and will be shooting in the US, UK, and various countries in the Middle East. Are there any issues with using UHF in the ME and is there somewhere to learn about foreign airwave regulations? Thanks.

I am looking to buy a UHF lav mic set and will be shooting in the US, UK, and various countries in the Middle East. Are there any issues with using UHF in the ME and is there somewhere to learn about foreign airwave regulations? Thanks.

Senn has an International freq. chart on their site. I've used my UHF's in Spain, South Africa, Mozambique, China, Brazil, most of Central America, Columbia South America, with no problems. I've have had the most problems in the US -various cities with TV stations. We have very crowded air waves here. You can call the guy's at Lectrosonic and they can help you tremendously.
Good Luck :)

Hey R3volutionary
You shouldn't find any technical issues using your UHF system overseas....LA and NY in the US are probably the 2 worst areas in the world to be using UHF due to the number of TV stations. As far as regs go the ITU has a lot of info on its site.

Back