Co-writer for a family based comedy, action-adventure, sci-fi animation feature

The writing department at Chakrra is looking for a co-writer to join our writing team in developing a previously-written short, into a feature. Our team also consists of scriptwriters and dedicated dialogue writers/translators as this story is being developed for a feature in a foreign language.

If you are a Writer - Director duo, it will be an added bonus!

The primary target audience are children between 3 and 12 years across the globe, but we wish to keep their other family members equally engaged and entertained. Most collaboration will take place over WebEx/Skype/Conference calls etc. and during work hours (9 AM to 3 PM EDT/EST), after hours (8 to no-later-than 10 PM EDT/EST) and on the weekends for a couple of hours at mutually acceptable times. Our goal is to keep online meetings to less than an hour for each sitting. We’re negotiable with meeting dates and times. All of us wear multiple hats in this project and we need someone who can focus on and independently develop our idea into a full-blown feature.

An ideal candidate would be someone who has written, but not necessarily sold, a feature screenplay in the same genre. You will be working with the lead writer/producer/director to develop the story further from where we have paused. Automobile enthusiasts/hobbyists have a HUGE advantage. Most importantly, we need someone who is IMAGINATIVE, CREATIVE, AND able to SEE HUMOR IN MUNDANE EVERYDAY LIFE/ROUTINE ACTIVITIES, and who is a natural with humor who can make a connection with our audience. You should be able to collaborate on a call at least twice a week, but likely more often at the start, as we work together to find our direction. Character development is also an important part of your work with us. Please submit samples of you earlier work for consideration.

You should be flexible to review/edit the final draft during storyboarding and while we put together our shot list. Final Draft is our preferred screenwriting software and we would like anyone on the team to have their own copy for ease of workflow.

We will start writing the feature screenplay right after we finalize the story for the feature.
Payment will be deferred. Screen credits assured.

Tell us a little about Chakrra. I like to know about the company before I
submit writing samples.

Also, it can't hurt to offer info on where to send the samples.

I am turned off by the suggestion that Chakrra is bigger than it is.
"The writing department..." makes it seem like this is a large
production company or studio. There is no shame in being a small,
start-up. Here at indietalk we welcome and encourage small prodCo's,
even a one person operation, with great ambition, with the desire
to make a name and do something important.

I got a pretty nasty private message from Chakraa.

I'm sorry you were upset by my comment.

I wish you well.

Chakrra asked that her thread be kept on topic so lets only post new replies if you're interested in the opportunity

I'm not going to delete the earlier posts because I think that someone new would come along and repeat the same question. A little bit of transparency is good on an internet full of strangers.

All projects and startups are important, no matter how small the Company or department.

When posting something in public, one should also realize their responsibility that comments like these can create more damage to a small company than help them build their dreams and drive them to fruition.

If our intention was to hide facts,
1. we would not have shared the company's website or email address.
2. It would have been easy to hide behind a pseudoname like as the person who has posted comments full of assumptions here.

Assumption 1: That Chakrra is projected as a big company in our post.
Assumption 2: Writing departments are not for start ups.
Assumption 3: That we at Chakrra lack ideas and are not doing anything important.
Assumption 4: That we at Chakrra are ashamed of the size of the Company.
Assumption 5: That the second post here "apologizing" would fix all the damage caused by the first post.

Somehow posts full of assumptions like these seem ok but questioning the reason why they were posted in the first place, in a private message is considered nasty!

We are sorry, we did not want this to be an ugly argument in public and wanted to keep this private.

Last edited:
To maintain full transparency on this topic, this was our private message to directorik in response to the first comment to this post:

"Chakrra - response to your unsolicited opinion to our post

We are not aware of a rule that says a start up cannot have a writing department.

Not sure what your problem is with our post but, we never posted any specifics about the size of our writing department. We even doubt if you know anything about our projects or our approach! We pride ourselves as being a startup and a Company that has never lost our focus in achieving our goal.

If you had a genuine question about our Company or any specifics, we would have appreciated a private message like this one to answer all your questions.

You are not even brave enough to use your real name here and for some reason you have assumed authority to mud sling our post in public!!"

Chakrra asked that her thread be kept on topic so lets only post new replies if you're interested in the opportunity

I'm not going to delete the earlier posts because I think that someone new would come along and repeat the same question. A little bit of transparency is good on an internet full of strangers.

Here is where your role as a moderator becomes imperative.

Transparency should be maintained by all users, posting or responding to posts. There cannot be different standards for two different users.

Employers who post to fill positions also face the same risk of lack of transparency from people who respond to the posts. How is any moderator of this forum ensuring transparency there in the same manner as they are striving to keep comments filled with assumptions burning bright here!

Last edited:
Originally posted by Chakrra: There cannot be different standards for two different users.

You would do well to be as valuable a member of this community as directorik is. He has earned a level of trust and respect on this forum. You are welcome to develop that as well, and I hope you do.

Employers who post to fill positions also face the same risk of lack of transparency from people who respond to the posts. How is any moderator of this forum ensuring transparency there in the same manner as they are striving to keep comments filled with assumptions burning bright here!

Rik doesn't have his full name posted but he does have a lot of details in his bio and in my opinion those details are more important than a name. I would say that is a lot of transparency on his behalf. He's also been here for many many years, and when someone has been around for that long we would have noticed the red flags by now. Did you notice his join date?

I tried to get your thread back on topic but you've bumped it three times in a row and seem very interested in continuing the discussion. Therefore I'm going to retract what I said earlier about getting the thread on topic, because that's not happening :lol: if you keep posting about Rik then you should expect Rik to respond.

Rather than delete posts we let people respond to them and set the record straight.

I rest my case here. I have stated all I wanted to about the comment.

I have no aspirations to become a “valuable” member of this forum.

It's a public forum not a private club. You never know who you might meet here, could be that writer you're looking for.

And yes often people want to say everything on their mind about a comment and get the last word but that's not how life often works.

Back