Road trip documentary help wanted.

Hey everyone we are film students producing a documentary. Right now my friend Josh and I are preparing to ride our motorcycles from Pennsylvania to California and back. We are setting out to have the ultimate cross country adventure off of our motorcycles and enjoy the freedom of the open road while raising awareness for the conservation of national parks. The trip will take 3 months to complete.

We have tons of incredible places to go planned along the way. It will be alot of fun.

We are filming a documentary about the trip and would like to have someone else come along for the adventure to be apart of this journey and help us film it.

As far as room and board, food, stuff like that. The idea for the documentary is very based off of living off a motorcycle. We will be camping alot in state parks, occasionally staying in hotels, or using air bnb/ couch surfing. That being said, you don't have to ride a motorcycle to come with us. You can drive a car or van if you'd like. But we will be relying on our resourcefulness for places to stay and we think that will make this alot more fun.

We are looking for someone who knows how to use camera equipment. We have a canon rebel t5i, dji drone, gopro, lav mics, and other odds and ends to film. If you'd like to have the experience of a lifetime and come with us and have experience with film making then you are just what we are looking for! Please contact us on here or at fulldenimmedia[at]gmail.com Thank you!

I hope you're not really expecting a stranger to drop everything and spend 3 months on the road with you. That will be awesome if it works out for you two but that seems like a real long shot.

It's hard for me to get people to show up for a couple of hours on just one day

What a dream come true this would be.

Between June 2007 and November 2008 I was the editor of a cross
country hike (Delaware to California) documentary. The hiker would
send me video about twice a month and I cut together five minute
episodes. When he was done we cut about 300 hours of video to a
100 minute documentary. I was in my editing room for all but about
a week when I joined him on the road.

I wish I had the money to drop everything and join you.

When do you leave?

Sounds awesome. Best of luck to you guys and be careful on your bikes. Having barely survived a near fatal motorcycle crash that has taken away my career and nearly a year of my life so far, I can tell you that people do not notice motorcycles (even big, loud, and bright Harley-Davidsons). God speed.

Hey thanks for the interest guys. Its definitely a big commitment, we are just looking for someone who shares our dream. If not here, does anyone know any other places to search for a potential road trip member? We are leaving August 1st!

We are very cautious riders.

Sounds like a really cool set up directorik! What was your doc called?

Try calling NE film school departments and talk to the heads of the dept. to see if they know anyone that may be interested, as, school will be out then, but you can catch them just in time, in fact, try to work it into credit for a project for when they return...

Try calling NE film school departments and talk to the heads of the dept. to see if they know anyone that may be interested, as, school will be out then, but you can catch them just in time, in fact, try to work it into credit for a project for when they return...

do you mean "any" film school departments or "NE" like north east?

Last edited:
Back