I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

Any tips on the sfx? I have the heroine throwing a couch and crushing a group of people. I'm thinking best bet is to make it out of wireframe.

gopher-it-zoom.jpg

:yes::yes::yes:

Any tips on the sfx? I have the heroine throwing a couch and crushing a group of people. I'm thinking best bet is to make it out of wireframe.

I would find a BIG block of packing foam, or multiple pieces glued and carved into a couch shape with fabric stitched appropriately...Just keep in mind that due to its lightness, it may take a bit of tweaking, perhaps some led weights or something in the corners to get it flying through the air correctly at the right speed.

It will be more durable then wire framing and far easier to shape into a convincing couch.

best of luck :)

Why not talk to MikeB.

http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=52477&highlight=make+props

He's in New Jersey - not too far from Maryland. He may have some helpful suggestions if he's not able to give actual assistance.

Great idea. I just sent him a message

best of luck :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Do you mind me asking why it will take so long for a 3 page script?

Because I am going to show people something they've never seen before.

Because I am going to show people something they've never seen before.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Sfoster's great short super hero action comedy film. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain...

Last edited:
^ great quote.

I'm not sure it will translate to a feature, but it's very ambitious and hopefully it doesn't fail.
I know this is an unusual thing to put so much effort into such a short film.

Last edited:
I know this is an unusual thing to put so much effort into such a short film.

I think it's foolish not to. I mean really, nobody should want to half ass something if they have the ability to give more effort.

If it takes you a year, it takes a year, if it takes 5 years, whatever.. Although after 5 years it damn well better be phenomenal.. lol

I think a year and a half is reasonable. If I go off track I could see it taking longer.. but hopefully I can stick with it.

I'm going to create something magical

You're going to commit a year and a half for a three page script?! Holy shit, talk about diving into the deep end!

I 100% support your initiative to make this happen. You know, if you look at the recent examples of little guys like us who have had break-out success making a Hollywood career for themselves, a majority of them have been people who made short films that were very heavy on SFX.

Make it happen! :yes:

Back