• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Harley Quinn (Jabronie Pictures Fan Film)

A little before the New Year, we released our DC inspired short, Harley Quinn

After escaping from prison, Harley Quinn tries to recruit a group of Oswald Cobblepot's thugs for an upcoming raid.
https://youtu.be/NbUkshkgA6Y

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

Comments and critiques are always welcome.

First, a critique. When the thugs are putting their gear on the table, the delivery of dialogue could flow better. By that, I mean that the timing could be tighter, if you had some more closeups to cut to, instead of holding the wide shot.

Now, for a couple of comments: I really like this! The fight choreography is amazing. The tongue in cheek tone really works. Music was cool.

Your actress did a good job, especially the fighting. I'm guessing she is a martial artist, as are probably some of the guys, just by the punishment they were taking - falling down the stairs, etc. They did a good job of selling some of her moves, such as the spin around the head, flips, and hits. Can you fill us in on this info?

What did you shoot and edit with?

Because I wasn't there during the "warehouse" fight I too also have to agree with the delivery of some of the thugs.

As for Jacqui, she actually has no martial arts experience. I do believe she has taken dance classes, though. As with most of our actresses, we just train them for on-screen fight choreography.

A majority of the guys are stunt men either at the Universal Studios or Knotts Berry Farm theme parks. The short bald one with the beard is a muay thai instructor, and the one next to him in the red top teaches some form of martial art. I forget which one. But both of them frequently film their own martial arts shorts.

The one that wore the bandana is the director/editor/producer/choreography/founder of Jabronie Pictures/ etc. He's trained in TKD and professional wrestling which is why some wrestling moves were thrown in (headscissors takeover and Octopus hold).

I only shot the stairwell fight and that was with a Canon 60D. I'm not sure what was used for everything else. Everything was edited using Premiere/After Effects CS5.5. One of our friends did part of the music using live instruments and garage band, I think.

Last edited:
It's only been 11 days since I've posted here, but the short is already over 116k views. This is the most we've gotten in a long while, and could possibly be our most viewed short if momentum keeps going.

This thread has only been viewed so many times, but if you've taken the time to watch it, I already say thank you.

I watched it as well, so I contributed 1 view ;)
Didn't have time to write back then, but I must say I'm especially impressed with the choreography of the fighting and how you shot and cut it.
Most actors I know would not be able to pull this off.

116k is pretty impressive as well. (Makes the 3,4k + 63k for my last short look small). I guess it helps to use a popular character from a franchise to reach out to an audience. Hopefully DC is not sending Justice League to enforce copyrights ;)
(Since Paramount shifted their silent approval for fanfilms to strict regulations I feel like being extra cautious.)

What will be your next project?
It looks like you know how to shoot fighting/stunt scenes. :)

Thanks, Walter!

I too also hope DC doesn't come down with a hammer. Haha. But using franchise characters is definitely a reason for all the views. At the same time it also makes me sad because the mass tend to jump onto shorts with established characters as opposed to watching something that's completely original. But at least we know that we can actually pull people in with our content.

We've been doing this for close to 16 years (13 for me) and action is our forte so we've been developing our style of fighting since then. As for upcoming projects, we still have to finish our web series Battle Hero Absolute. Everything for that has been shot, it just sits in editing purgatory haha. Because work and life gets in the way, I don't know of any current plans for new projects. I'm pretty sure we'll be doing another Harley short, though.

Back