Has Anyone Here Invested In A Camera Drone?

I was approached by a company that sells drones with built-in cameras for filmmakers and was wondering if anyone here has invested in such a kit. If so, how has it worked out? Any problems with it such as noise with propellers when shooting footage?

Thanks.

We had one on shoot this weekend. I was not close enough to hear it but we were using mos and I believe that is how most would be using if for the most part. (Not what we had) but the dfi phantom 3 seems to be popular. Actually I have a photographer relative that has 2 of the phantom 3 and I would not be shooting anything that you were micing to use audio off of.

I was approached by a company that sells drones with built-in cameras for filmmakers and was wondering if anyone here has invested in such a kit. If so, how has it worked out? Any problems with it such as noise with propellers when shooting footage?

Thanks.
I don't own one, but I have used them several times. It has
worked out well. Yes, there is noise when shooting footage.
A lot of noise.

I don't own one, though I'll probably buy a DJI 3 Advanced or Pro in the next 2-3 months.

Any problems with it such as noise with propellers when shooting footage?

I've used them before. Never had a problem with noise. You could always hear them half a click away.

I don't own one.
I've seen and heard them fly. It's like a dozen bees flying in your ears when a small drone is over 30 feet away. So yeah: audio is a 'thingy'

I don't own a drone, because for me it is more cost efficient to hire a drone crew when I need them, since I hardly even need a drone.

Be sure to check out the local laws in your area regarding the licensing and registration of the drone. The FAA is still undecided where and how they can be used. I heard that the major studios were refusing to include footage in their movies which were shot with drones because they didn't want problems with the FAA. I don't know if this has been cleared up or not. Check out the laws thoroughly before you invest a lot of money in a drone.

I have the phantom 3 standard, it has a 2k camera on a stabilizer and is really easy to control. The camera does not record audio because the drone is so loud, but Ive only ever used a drone for an establishing shot or something up high so there really hasnt been a need for it to record audio.

I own a Phantom 3 Pro.

You can get some great stuff with it. Drones are noisy, there's no two ways about it.

You might want to look into proper licensing if you're going to fly for money. Locally, you can't be insured unless you're licensed - and even highly experienced pilots are going to want to insure themselves against accidental damage caused by the drone.

Back