• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 35sec Long Short Film - Ejiki

Watched it without sound (I'm at work); Good cinematography, enjoyed the fall/roll wipe at 0:20. Feels more like the ending sequence of a larger film than an entire short film in itself.:)

if im being honest I would have preferred better camera movement, If i was to take a guess, the person in the film was filming themselves (running while holding the camera pointing to yourself is a bit of a giveaway) the movements were all anticipated which is not a bad thing but for something so short more effort could be brought into it, the ending was joyful :)

Play around with aspect ratios and different grading to give it more impact, also Background sound, I would layer much more sound and music to bring more depth, it would seriously change the whole 35 seconds.

Whiteoctopus:
Thank you so much, actually the sound is part of the joke ;) But I'm glad you appreciated !

Film autre:
You are right actually, I made this short film 100% ALONE. I wrote it, acted, directed, shot and edited the whole thing, that's why you may find this a little too stiff. But I'm happy with the dynamic though even if movement would have been better probably yes.

Rayw:
Thank you hahah, I'm glad you liked it. Actually it's part of a bigger series I wanna make, you can expect some sequels ! :D

@johnhardd, you could probably get away with doing some keyframed digital pans, even like a small push left or right would make it much more dynamic

Its really how you do it. My first short film was done this way. 100% alone. But there was a scene where I was running with camera out to my side filming my face, and it the most popular scene. Everyone was curious about how I did it, and it had no digital pans. But I liked it. I was kinda hoping for some kind of cool creature.....oh well. lol.

Back