Video footage needed from different places around the world

Hi.

We are making a short film called ‘Nowhere To Go’ the script can be found in the link (Nowhere To Go) and if anyone has time to give feedback about the script that would be great, but this post is about finding people who might be able to help make the film.

The film is about a character called Miller who does not get much and likes the safety of his own home, but he does get to see the world by watching CCTV cameras that are free to watch all over the world. If you get the chance to read the script you will understand what I mean.

I want to show these different places in the film which will be added to a website that we will be creating, kind of like earthcam.com. As the film is being made in Sunderland, UK I wanted to see if there are any people in certain places around the world that would be able to record 5 minutes of video that could be added into the film.

Credits will be given in the film for everyone that wants to help, I wish I could pay people to do this but the film is a very low budget. Once the film is complete it will be entered it into film festivals and the plan is to enter the film into festivals close to the people that have contributed to the film.

We are looking for a number of different places with some of them being the main focus and some being played at the side of the main video. The places used need to be recognised easy at a glance and some of them will only been on the screen for a short about of time. A few example would be Times Square and Eiffel Tower.

It does not matter what camera the video is shot on DSRL would be great, but it has to have the angle and view point a CCTV camera would have. We are looking for about 10 different places so please let me know if you would be interested in contributing to the film.

Thanks

Robert Carr

@micster That would be great if you could get a shot from there. I really want to show lots of different place from around the world.

@WalterB
Don't worry about hijacking any way we can all help is a good thing.

I will likely be in Washington DC at some point over the next month-and-a-half. You want anything from there? It'd probably be about a month from now.

That is another place on my list so this would be great. Just something extremely recognisable will do. Thank you very much.

I can shoot some video in Boston. If there are any particular landmarks you'd like, please let me know.

Also Boston would also be great. I am not overly familiar with the Boston Landmarks so what ever you think would be best.

If you guys need anything else just message me. Thanks Everyone.

I can't add to this sadly as I don't live anywhere that interesting or memorable, but I do know that my local city council has traffic cams up on their website which is freely accessible to anyone who cares to look for it...in fact many city councils around the world probably have the same. Different traffic cams, city square cams etc all just streaming onto the internet.

At the very worst I imagine a well worded email would get you all the permission you need to use some of that footage, although how you would capture it I don't know.

I can't add to this sadly as I don't live anywhere that interesting or memorable, but I do know that my local city council has traffic cams up on their website which is freely accessible to anyone who cares to look for it...in fact many city councils around the world probably have the same. Different traffic cams, city square cams etc all just streaming onto the internet.

At the very worst I imagine a well worded email would get you all the permission you need to use some of that footage, although how you would capture it I don't know.

That's good idea. I'll see how many I get then start messaging people. Thanks for the advice.

Back