• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

cinematography showreel

I posted a few weeks back in the newbies section about making a showreel and I finally got round to doing it. It's only a minute but if you have spare time, any thoughts/feedback on it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

showreel

It looks good!

If your showing it to people, I'd perhaps think of putting the title of each production in the corner (small and unobtrusive of course), so if they see a shot they are interested in they can look at the whole piece, or ask about it. That's just me though.

The font you used immediately turned me off. It might be ok if it were a horror/thriller showreel.

as far as your work, the production quality seemed all over the place. Some of the clips will hurt your chances for getting hired, while a lot of the other ones look amazing and should get you hired no problem.

One example of something you definitely need to take out is the outdoor stuff around 34 seconds because it's blurry.

The music video stuff at 12-19 seconds, and everything from 41 seconds and on is beautiful. Do more like that!

Last edited:
Okay, thanks for the advice! I've changed it around a bit and think it's a lot better, so thank you! :)

As I'm still a student though I only have a limited amount of work so I'll just have to keep making more things and building a stronger showreel.

Music, especially the intro doesnt fit well, biting with the acoustic guitars.
Maybe a matter of taste, but this pumping compressor mix doesnt support your fine pictures.

Music, especially the intro doesnt fit well, biting with the acoustic guitars.
Maybe a matter of taste, but this pumping compressor mix doesnt support your fine pictures.

Even though I love that song, I have to agree. If you really wanted to keep this song, then I'd suggest maybe up the pacing to match the music?

Back