• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Plasmatics MAGGOTS book/film adaptation

THE MANHATTAN MAGGOT POPULATION IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!

indexelement32.jpg

I am releasing a full length novel this December - its an adaptation of the WENDY o WILLIAMS & THE PLASMATICS album from 1987 called Maggots! The Record

- and the plans are for a film to follow - a team has been put together under Dirty Shed Pictures
- pre-production on the film starts in early 2012
- seeking financial backers / producers
- script has already been written

Leaving the full synopsis below...

PLEASE stop by and check out the official website - add us to FACEBOOK - and Ill keep you updated on progress...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MAGGOTS! - The Book : a full length novel / horror adaptation of the 1987 Wendy O Williams & The Plasmatics - by John Marrone

It is 25 years in the future. Environmental abuse and the burning of fossil fuels have effectively doubled atmospheric CO2 levels, creating a greenhouse effect of strength unknown in historical times. Global temperature rises have caused accelerated melting of the Earth’s glaciers and polar ice caps. Preventative measures against massive flooding have been unrealistic and poorly constructed. New York City is typical of cities all over the world. That part which is not completely submerged is a network of festering, stagnant pools - percolating in the blistering heat and humid air. Day by day the sound of buzzing flies has become more and more pronounced…

2015: Overwhelmed by rising sea levels, Lower Manhattan is referred to as The Flood District by its citizens. After a long hot summer and a garbage strike, a Mayor goes to desperate lengths in an attempt to try and save a fly infested city - and things only go from bad - to worse.

When a controversial and dangerous biological organism, Carnivorous robustus, is successfully developed by oil corporations to help rid the oceans of their careless mistakes - it later finds itself introduced to the polluted waters around NYC - where an unforeseen mutation takes place. What should have devoured the garbage and sludge mutates the common maggot into a growing, reproducing, eating machine!

Soon Manhattan is blanketed in monster maggots - the largest of them the size of redwood trees - turning the focus of the day into a no holds barred battle for survival!

The last printed newspapers
scattered in the chaotic city streets, read a headline morbid and true:

"Those Now Eating
Will Soon Be Eaten!"

With the military surrounding Manhattan Island, and the population being devoured by the tens of thousands
- will anyone be able to escape New York City alive?

In the tradition of the provocative and shocking Wendy O Williams and The Plasmatics, science/art/music legend Rod Swenson has given the nod to Bloody-Disgusting writer John Marrone to expand the Maggots story into a full length novel drenched in sex, gore, and rock n roll!

Maggots: The Record (1987) left Cindy White on a fire escape, overlooking a blood laked city street of monster maggots and body parts - her devoured father, her dead boyfriend, and a wall of man eating worms at her back. See what happens, as she battles for her life across an apocalyptic cityscape of maggots in a desperate attempt to escape the man eating jaws of mother nature gone mad.

It last left Bruce Maltin at his apartment near the Flood District, where his sexy girlfriend was having the flesh eaten from her bones - the last bloody pieces of her body being swallowed as more insatiable maggots slithered closer and closer to his feet.

Explosive, orgasmic sex, climaxing in chewed flesh, arterial spray, and dismemberment...

The New York City horror/disaster story to end all stories is coming...

MAGGOTS! - The Book
DEC 14, 2011

*** film coming in 2013

Cool concept! I was actually just talking about Wendy O Williams the other day! Best of luck with your book/film...if it goes well, maybe you can finish Bowie's 1. Outside, since he isn't likely to (though more sci-fi noir rather than horror).

Keep us updated!

Thx and yes, she was awesome. Although reclusive, she was a very sweet person offstage apparently. Never had the pleasure of seeing them live, but collected all the tapes back in the day. Very excited to be able to do this project.

There were early debates as to which way to go with this (eventual film). A strict scifi disaster, concentrating on caring for characters and survival, soft R/PG13 - or an all out horror disaster film, worthy of being edgy even today, with sex, gore galore, and rocknroll (music from the album) - hard R/unrated.

For debate's sake, which would you rather see?

Awww... a maggot after my own heart. :) * look for a PM

I have a love/hate affair with those squirmy little bitches. Here's hoping that your project grows wings and takes flight! ;)

Strictly for debate's sake...I'd personally be pretty excited to see EITHER!

Now then. The first way would probably make a better movie. Focusing on the characters, I think, always does. That said, Wendy O herself would probably lean towards the latter. A 2x4 to the face of the viewer!

As an aside, her suicide note is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read (emphasis mine):

"I don't believe that people should take their own lives without deep and thoughtful reflection over a considerable period of time. I do believe strongly, however, that the right to do so is one of the most fundamental rights that anyone in a free society should have. For me, much of the world makes no sense, but my feelings about what I am doing ring loud and clear to an inner ear and a place where there is no self, only calm."

Thanks Flicker I hope so too. I think the part where she says "much of the world makes no sense" speaks volumes to when people wonder why. I think the story should be bold, and wear a mohawk, and stand up brave and provocative, so its stemmed from the record (every line/situation) and expanded upon that, no holds barred. Sex, gore, and Plasmatics...

Thanks. Im emplore you to please add the official page to your FACEBOOK likes - because as I get busier, I probably wont be able to visit every website as often as Id like to.

Plus Ill really need to show the support in numbers when it comes time to nailing down financial backers - to be quite frank.

Im psyched to hear the interest, and Im aiming to make it deliver on an R/NR adult level - not safe PG mass market.

You can add the FACEBOOK PAGE or like it from the OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Thanks to everyone who supports this, in advance. Every person / bit of interest makes the difference between obscurity and if it "flies".

Back