• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Zombie Commercial

Okay, here is the final product of the commercial that aired Sunday. I got to edit. Like I was saying, I was pretty nervous about what I couldn't fix, but I think it's a nice little spot for my first time out.

http://youtu.be/xZaM8NDqtYs

-- spinner :cool:

There were about 3 people working on makeup. There was a person who does some acting coaching give the zombies an idea of how to move. I knew the director and the D.P.

The cool thing is that we all knew each other and just felt like helping out. I was lucky and found a group of people who feel that we can all learn together and get better together. We are making the best of what we have. I have to get better at fixing the glare that we had coming in the window and the glare off the actor's head, but overall I am happy with the result.

There were about 3 people working on makeup. There was a person who does some acting coaching give the zombies an idea of how to move. I knew the director and the D.P.

The cool thing is that we all knew each other and just felt like helping out. I was lucky and found a group of people who feel that we can all learn together and get better together. We are making the best of what we have. I have to get better at fixing the glare that we had coming in the window and the glare off the actor's head, but overall I am happy with the result.

That's awesome. :)

I agree with everyone. Amusing. No dialogue needed.

Cashier forgot to take the money from one undead. :)

Hey, if a Zombie isn't looking at you as lunch, he gets what he wants :D

Thanks for the positive feedback. I won't be able to get any instruction on how to fix the audio for a few weeks, but I am sure there are audio guys who might tell me how to get rid of that "talking-into-a-can" sound in FCP? (hint, hint) Someone showed it to me once at a post production conference but, well it's been a year :lol:

Great spot! Does what a commercial should...makes me think that comic shop might be cooler than the alternatives. Though might be sold out of the latest issue of Walking Dead ;)

Incidentally, was the use of *just* that comic trying to catch the attention of Walking Dead tv viewers? There are a bunch of zombie themed books on the shelves these days (though WD is far and away the best...better than most of the past 10 years of zombie films!)

Though drawing a parallel between the "crowd scene" cover and the crowd scene in the store was pretty awesome!

Incidentally, was the use of *just* that comic trying to catch the attention of Walking Dead tv viewers? There are a bunch of zombie themed books on the shelves these days (though WD is far and away the best...better than most of the past 10 years of zombie films!)

Actually, yes.

When The Walking Dead did so well in its first season, you know people had to figure out how to capitalize on it. So the guys who create/write the graphic novel re-released the first edition of The Walking Dead. So the proprietor wanted to make sure people knew they could find it there.

Back