• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A website that helps you test screen your film at no cost

Testimonials are powerfull as social proof, IF they are real.

If they are FAKE, people wonder whether there is anything REAL in what is being said.
Being caught faking is also social proof, but the kind of social proof you don't want.
Actually, from now on I will question every positive review of your product...

If you try to do marketing, make sure you know what you are doing.

I'm sorry, but you messed it up.

I'm interested in the concept. But before I'm willing to check hand over my personal info to try it out, I would like to know more about it.

I don't even see a FAQ or a 'How it Works' page listed anywhere. I realize this is only beta, but this information should be the first thing written and available.

What I would like to know:

Who is the audience?
How do you connect with them and what type of people are they?
How do you find them? Do you go through a marketing company that sources focus groups?
Are the average people from varying demographics or are they your fellow filmmaker buddies?
Can I, as a filmmaker, pick and choose what demographics I would like to see my film? If so, how can you possibly keep this a free service? You'll have to be paying these people to watch and give feedback...

Why do you need a 'manifesto' from me? If I like the service I don't mind giving some contact info, but I don't think I should have to take a psychology test in order to sign up... when the time comes (after signing up) for me to start my project of showing a film to an audience, then I will get descriptive. But I prefer to dip my toe in the water, have a look around, before committing to anything.

Those are the two main concerns I have, just off the top of my head right now. I'm looking forward to getting some answers and learning more about your project. It definitely sounds interesting!

Give him a fresh start.

Welcome to the site. We like to hear about new companies here so no need to act like someone else. Enjoy!

I'm interested in the concept. But before I'm willing to check hand over my personal info to try it out, I would like to know more about it.

I don't even see a FAQ or a 'How it Works' page listed anywhere. I realize this is only beta, but this information should be the first thing written and available.

What I would like to know:

Who is the audience?
How do you connect with them and what type of people are they?
How do you find them? Do you go through a marketing company that sources focus groups?
Are the average people from varying demographics or are they your fellow filmmaker buddies?
Can I, as a filmmaker, pick and choose what demographics I would like to see my film? If so, how can you possibly keep this a free service? You'll have to be paying these people to watch and give feedback...

Why do you need a 'manifesto' from me? If I like the service I don't mind giving some contact info, but I don't think I should have to take a psychology test in order to sign up... when the time comes (after signing up) for me to start my project of showing a film to an audience, then I will get descriptive. But I prefer to dip my toe in the water, have a look around, before committing to anything.

Those are the two main concerns I have, just off the top of my head right now. I'm looking forward to getting some answers and learning more about your project. It definitely sounds interesting!

Good questions, and I will answer them in an aggregate.

The product will have several phases. The current stage is about allowing filmmakers invite their teams and close friends to privately review a rough cut/final cut . Once we have more people using the site in this way, we will be able to utilize these data very efficiently. One of the things we will do is by instantly giving you a group of people with varying demographics from our user base. If the number of users grow , the demographics will become very rich and diverse.

The service is for free (at least for the basic test screening service) because the things you've mentioned where test screening has to spend a lot of money to find a venue and invite people to watch your film is the exact thing we are trying to disrupt. Using data and leveraging existing user groups is a much easier approach.

Lastly, simply from the standpoint of making test screening cheaper and accessible to an ordinary filmmaker, we have already done a much better job than offline old-fashioned model. And we have a video player where you can interact with users real-time in the video player.

Hope it answers your questions.

Back