• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First music video

Very nice!!!! Excellent editing and photography. I think I would have liked softer/mood lighting but very nice.

Good looking footage and well performed. I see a pattern in the cuts. The predictability there steals attention it shouldn't get.

Good looking footage and well performed. I see a pattern in the cuts. The predictability there steals attention it shouldn't get.
Do you think predictability is bad in this case?
Maybe it goes well with the comfortable easygoing feel of the song?
I think I get what you mean though, maybe some other different shots or inserts or exteriors might be nice.

Very good. I liked it, agree about the softer lighting but I think any crits will just come from personal taste. Did the musos like it?

Dammit, why do I have to be the bad guy?

This video is beautifully shot and skillfully edited. There's just not enough going on. How many times is the audience expected to maintain interest while watching repeated shots of the singer singing, or the guitar player playing, etc.? Music videos that are nothing more than the artist performing get really old, really quick. We need more than that.

But if I can end on a positive, I meant what I said earlier -- this video is beautifully shot and skillfully edited.

Dammit, why do I have to be the bad guy?

This video is beautifully shot and skillfully edited. There's just not enough going on. How many times is the audience expected to maintain interest while watching repeated shots of the singer singing, or the guitar player playing, etc.? Music videos that are nothing more than the artist performing get really old, really quick. We need more than that.

But if I can end on a positive, I meant what I said earlier -- this video is beautifully shot and skillfully edited.

Honestly sometimes you just need something moving on the screen. Ask me to listen to a song on the net, I simply need something besides an album cover still on YT to stare at. Something like this, done well, works. I don't need full-on 1990s era videos, but I do enjoy those as well. :)

Honestly sometimes you just need something moving on the screen. Ask me to listen to a song on the net, I simply need something besides an album cover still on YT to stare at. Something like this, done well, works. I don't need full-on 1990s era videos, but I do enjoy those as well. :)

I agree, even though I do tend to go a little bit overboard with mine...

Back