• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Comment on our website, please ...

We are 30-minutes into editing a 90-minute feature and taking advantage of this time to shore up our marketing (and soundtrack). We are going to present a full-on marketing kit to the top 50 distribution companies in the country and will continually attack them until they call me back. I'm going to be relentless (I'm also trying to figure out a way to get Robert DeNiro's attention if anyone has any ideas).

Maybe something like: Call me or I'll send Gus after you (makes more sense when you look at the poster).

I wanted this group to comment on our website (NEWS and ANEVIS links specifically). I think we're telling the right story and have the right graphics but don't know if we're missing anything that could encourage these distributors to contact me.

Thanks for looking!
http://www.waitingonalphiemovie.com

Waiting on Alphie - The Waiting Ends Fall 2005

Alphie said:
We are 30-minutes into editing a 90-minute feature and taking advantage of this time to shore up our marketing (and soundtrack). We are going to present a full-on marketing kit to the top 50 distribution companies in the country and will continually attack them until they call me back. I'm going to be relentless (I'm also trying to figure out a way to get Robert DeNiro's attention if anyone has any ideas).

Maybe something like: Call me or I'll send Gus after you (makes more sense when you look at the poster).

I wanted this group to comment on our website (NEWS and ANEVIS links specifically). I think we're telling the right story and have the right graphics but don't know if we're missing anything that could encourage these distributors to contact me.

Thanks for looking!
http://www.waitingonalphiemovie.com

Waiting on Alphie - The Waiting Ends Fall 2005

lol

Not bad. My two biggest issues are as follow:

1) I don't like your font choice.

2) Remove the image about the soundtrack; it is gratuitous and makes the page look too cluttered. Maybe you should put it at the very bottom of the page.

Just my two cents.

Either needs a faster server or better compression in the graphics. Took too long to load. Poster on right hand side is 200+kb (which is how much I try to limit a full front page to when designing them). Sacrifice some quality, blur slightly (1-2 pixels) and recompress as jpegs with lightly lower quality.

Of course, you must keep in mind that I'm a holdover from when all HTML was hand coded, in line images were new, and the <center> tag was the coolest thing ever! I still design for folks with 28.8 modems, my latest website is getting away from that...but it's hard to give up when my pages are the fastest things out there.

[edit]Oh yeah, it looks great, but I agree about the font[/edit]

Last edited:
Yeah that one image, just save it as a JPG with a 60% quality setting. It will knock it down to about 70k at most and should still look good.

I'd center your logo inside the black area on the top. And put "white lightning productions" over top of it. I don't like how the logo goes behind the brick.

It'd be good to have a rollover effect on those nav links. As well as your text links throughout your page.

I love the overall look of the site, especially the front page. But the news page gives me kind of a headache because it's split right down the middle. Maybe you could widen one of the columns. Also the navigation is a little confusing, other then your main choices all the links are a little small and I had to kind of hunt to find where to download the trailer.

Then again advice is for suckers, but you asked for it! :)

Thanks for sharing your site with us!

Back