• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

60fps to 24fps in editing

Hi folks, I've done some research on this topic but just wanted to confirm with my situation.

I'm currently making my first video in Adobe premiere. I had shot all the footage in 60fps, and am using the auto recommended sequence in Premiere which is at 60fps 1080p. I have a lot of slo mo in the video, slowed to 40% of 60 fps which is 24fps. I do still include some non adjusted clips at 60fps as to not overuse the slo mo.

So when I export the final video, I should set it to 24fps or 60fps? Will the mixed frame rates cause any issues?

In the future, should I continue with this workflow, or should I start editing the sequence set to 24fps, and import in my 60fps clips?

Thank you!

Hey can somebody help clarify this for me? Still a bit confused.

When I exported the 60fps timeline to 24fps, some scenes looked smooth, but others were really choppy.

Should I just begin with a 24fps timeline in future? And don't shoot everything in 60fps, only what I want in slow motion? Thanks.

So when I export the final video, I should set it to 24fps or 60fps?
It depends on what you need.

Will the mixed frame rates cause any issues?
It could.

When I exported the 60fps timeline to 24fps, some scenes looked smooth, but others were really choppy.
Could be anything. It could be footage unsuitable for the task, it could be incorrect use of tools, it could be incorrect choice of tools.

In the future, should I continue with this workflow, or should I start editing the sequence set to 24fps, and import in my 60fps clips?
Once you figure out what works for your needs, you continue to do it.

Back