• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Alley Way Test Footage

Did a quick little test film as a way to see how a potential shoot location for a bigger project would work on screen. No real story to this, we filmed it in under an hour, did one take per scene, etc. This was shot on a canon vixia hf r600, so it's not super high quality. Did the editing/post production in Adobe Premiere Pro.

Just curious what people think... Opinions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuvE4l6fbDk

IDK what sort of feedback you're expecting.. no story to it so IDK what I'm supposed to say.

Not much to really comment on.
The shot choices don't look very interesting or chosen for any particular reason. The lighting and color grading is bland. And the musical choice is overblown and unnecessarily loud for such an unexciting moment of a guy sifting through some garbage.

Keep working at it. What you really need, and what a lot of people need to learn early on, is that shot choices should be motivated by something: whether that be a consistent set of shot types that you pick from for each beat in each scene, or whether each shot is chosen and composed uniquely on a moment to moment basis.

This scene is also a bit too short to really show off anything beyond shot design, which again, wasn't that enticing.

Not much to really comment on.
The shot choices don't look very interesting or chosen for any particular reason. The lighting and color grading is bland. And the musical choice is overblown and unnecessarily loud for such an unexciting moment of a guy sifting through some garbage.

Keep working at it. What you really need, and what a lot of people need to learn early on, is that shot choices should be motivated by something: whether that be a consistent set of shot types that you pick from for each beat in each scene, or whether each shot is chosen and composed uniquely on a moment to moment basis.

This scene is also a bit too short to really show off anything beyond shot design, which again, wasn't that enticing.

Yeah i realize it isn't really anything special, I'm more interested in the location. Only so much I can do with a camcorder from walmart. We threw it together mainly to test the location for another project. Can't be motivated by test footage really so there wasn't much to back up shots to begin with.

Probably should have been more clear in my original post, I'm not looking for alot of feedback on the "story" or lack thereof. I'm mainly interested in what could be done with the location.

Biggest issue is working with one camera. I'm used to running multiple angles so we can film the thing in one long take instead of switching positions after every shot.

Last edited:
Back