• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Who is planning on doing Script Frenzy?

As April approaches, my mind turns to the annual screenplay writing madness that is Script Frenzy (scriptfrenzy.org) put on by the Office of Light and Letters (NaNoWriMo.org). The idea is simple; write a 100 page screenplay in 30 days beginning April 1st and ending at midnight on April 30th. Quantity, not quality is the order of the day (month). There will be plenty of time for corrections and rewrites later. Registration is free and the site is full of helpful tips and tricks. This year will be my second Script Frenzy, who's with me?

I did it last year and wrote a crime drama.

I plan to write a sequel to a comedy I wrote and filmed last year. Don't know how good I'll do, but seeing as I need 3.33 pages per day and I haven't started, who knows.......

Good luck everybody!

Anyone want to update on their progress? I'm at 20 pages between my three scripts (yes, I'm currently writing all three simultaneously): 10 in one, 6 in another, and 4 in the third. I figure at some point one of them will demand I focus all of my attention on it, and then that's what I'll do until it's done. But for now, I'm working on all of them. So I'm on par as far as page count goes, since I'm aiming for 300 pages this month. No idea if I'll be able to keep it up, though. I am confident I'll get at least 100 pages done, though! :yes:

Thus far, I have one half of one page written. I'm not worried because I have been busy at work. I'm off of work tomorrow and I know that I have at least 12 pages ready to explode onto the digital page. Tomorrow while my wife is at work, I will hole up at the local coffee shop and type away.

I got 4 pages down. For some reason it's just not flowing like it did last year. But then again, nothing creative is flowing lately, and I don't know why. Hope I can break through and get 100 pages by the end.

I've been stalled for the past few days. My goal of 300 pages is looking pretty far off at this point...I'm still at page 29...I should be at page 70 by the end today if I want to stay on track. The good news is that I'm still ahead for the minimum.

I'm about to start a new short, which I'll be counting, too. I've been planning it for the past couple days, and now have a pretty good idea of what it needs to be. So that should be around 10 pages, which hopefully I can do this afternoon/evening.

@cameronchapman

Good for you. I'm still behind. I was aiming at 3 pages per day. Good thing though, I had already finished a short for about 12 pages. Haha. All I need to do is revised. My short is kind of those things that tries to be a feature. Erm. I just can't think of any.

Just added 12 pages to my total by writing the short prequel to the feature I want to produce this winter. :D And I'm not even counting the 8-page false start from this morning (so I would have had 20 pages if not for that).

Haven't written anything in days. I'm knee-deep in pre-production for my short (filming in just over a month) and my feature (hopefully filming this winter). I still think I'll manage 100 pages before the end of the month (I'm at 41 now), but no way am I going to hit 300 like I wanted to.

I failed the Script Frenzy. Been doing a lot of After Effects and a lot of procrastination. So that's about it. Failed. Again and Again. In every thing I try, regardless of writing or whatever, failed. Damnit. I'm just so frustrated to myself that I can't commit to a single goal no matter how simple it is. Damnit.

Oh well. Hope you did better than me.

I failed the Script Frenzy. Been doing a lot of After Effects and a lot of procrastination. So that's about it. Failed. Again and Again. In every thing I try, regardless of writing or whatever, failed. Damnit. I'm just so frustrated to myself that I can't commit to a single goal no matter how simple it is. Damnit.

Oh well. Hope you did better than me.

It's really no big deal. That's the point. There's no sanction to finishing or not finishing. Honestly, I think it's bad to set a time frame for writing. I never force writing, because I find when I do the substance is bland.
Procrastination is good. I like to wait to write a scene, because I will be older than before, therefore wiser.

My father died shortly after the frenzy started so I've been dealing with funeral and estate crap all month. I will not successfully complete the frenzy this year. Once my life settles down a bit, I will finish the screenplay I started this month.

Back