• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Franklin - Short Film I Made Last Year

Pretty good acting from those kids!
It was indeed. 👍 Good camera-work too - must have been fun shooting backwards, low to the ground while running away from a child across rough terrain! :eek: Really nice to see a drama that depends entirely on the narrative and good camera angles/good editing for its effect.

Not sure if the choice and "hair&makeup" of the actor playing Franklin was deliberately made to look like Max, but it was very effective. At first, I thought it was Max's projection of himself (which may have been the intention?) ... and then wondered if there'd be a twist where an uninjured Franklin took the place of a dead Max. But I preferred the way it turned out, and that last line perfectly captured a child's perspective on the world!

Very nice indeed.

As an audio post type I would have done a few more things, made some different choices, mixed a bit differently, but that's mostly a matter of taste.

Well done.

Back