downloading video - sdhc

The computor I am using right now has a port for the sd/sdhc card. I popped in the sd card and it downloaded pic's from that card - no joy when I popped in the sdhc card. In the book it said something about the sdhc card having something that would enable the computor to read the card.
So...
I connected the wire (that came w/the camera) to the computor and nothing.
There is a firewire port - and this is where I am lost (well I am lost in many areas)....
Should I use the firewire port? What is the difference between using the firewire port and the port used to attach the camera cable? Shouldn't the camera cable have enabled me to download the film?
I feel like there is something I am missing....internet? I didn't think I would need to have access to the internet to do these things (this computor does not have internet access - yet but I didn't think internet had anything to do with downloading anything).

So what am I doing wrong here? I followed the directions for downloading video - made sure the cable was in/everything turned on...

Last edited:
I tried this on two different computors and a laptop and each time the video I have taken comes out in photo form. I have a bunch of photos that should be video footage...took a video of a parade and turned the camera off and on throughout and it comes out as a bunch of photos - to boot - they came out blurry. Now when I play them back on the camera they are crisp and clear but on the computor -they are photographs that are blurry.

I am baffled about it. According to any directions - I just plug the camera into the computor and thats it...

Back