• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Lynda.com Screenwriting Fundamentals course FREE for many college students

The course that I authored and presented, Screenwriting Fundamentals, is free for all students at the many universities that have campus-wide Lynda.com accounts.

So if you're back to school and in a screenwriting class, you're welcome to take my course. NoFilmSchool.com called it "clear and concise", as have many people who have taken it. It will help you perfect your story, and it's actually lots of fun - though I'm biased.

http://www.lynda.com/Screenwriting-tutorials/Screenwriting-Fundamentals/100223-2.html

Although Lynda.com does charge regular users a monthly fee of $25 to access their entire site, below is an informal list of colleges that have campus-wide accounts, and thus my course (as well as the rest of the site) is free for all students. This includes:

USC, UCLA, Harvard, Yale, MIT, Stanford, Princeton, Duke, Temple, Northeastern, Wesleyan, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia College (Chicago), BYU, Vanderbilt, Georgetown, Chapman, Marshall, Colorado State, University of Illinois, University of Wisconsin, University of Oregon, University of Florida, University of Georgia, RMIT in Melbourne, and many, many more.

Check to see if your own campus has a Lynda account, and enjoy my course!

Sincerely,
Mark Tapio Kines

Last edited:
This is a great class, but a great guy. The class gives you the basics of screenwriting in simple to understand terms. Yes, you have to be a lynda.com subscriber to check his classes out, but they are worth it, plus you can check out other film related topics too.

As Mark points out, if you're a student at some of the universities he listed, you could check out the classes for free.

For those attending Ohio State Univesity, you can check them out for free. (I'm teaching a class there so I'm telling my students to view them.)

Scott

Back