Buying a new Desktop to edit film.

Can someone tell me if the computer Im interested in is strong enough? I have Pinnacle Studio 20 Ultimate. The following is the software requirements. And the desktop specs below that.

Internet connection required for installation, registration and updates. Registration required for product use.

Windows 10 recommended, Windows 8.x, Windows 7, 64-bit OS highly recommended.

Intel Core Duo 1.8 GHz, Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 GHz or higher.

Intel Core i5 or i7 1.06 GHz or higher required for AVCHD and Intel Quick Sync Video support.

Intel Core i7 or AMD Athlon X4 or higher for UHD, Multi-Camera or 360 video.

2 GB of RAM or higher, min. 4 GB for Windows 64-bit, 8+GB highly recommended for UHD, Multi-Camera, or 360 video.

DirectX 9 (or higher) graphics device with Pixel Shader 3.0 support like:

NVIDIA GeForce 6 series or higher (CUDA enabled required for CUDA support).

ATI X1000 series or higher.

Intel GMA X3000 series or higher.

HEVC (H.265) support requires supporting PC hardware or graphics card.

128 MB VGA VRAM.

Display resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher.

Windows-compatible sound card (multi-channel output required for surround preview).

8 GB HDD space for full installation.

Accessories:

DVD burner for creating DVD and AVCHD discs.

Input Options:

Capture from DV, HDV and Digital8 camcorders or VCRs (requires a FireWire port).

Capture from analog camcorders, 8mm, HI 8, VHS, SVHS, VHS-C, SVHS-C, or VCRs (NTSC/PAL/SECAM) (requires Dazzle video hardware – sold separately).

Import from AVCHD and other file based camcorders, digital still cameras, mobile devices and webcams.

Import Formats:

Video: MVC, AVCHD, DV, HDV, AVI, MPEG-1/-2/-4, DivX, Flash, 3GP (MPEG-4, H.263), WMV, Non-encrypted DVD titles (incl. DVD-VR/+VR), MOV (DV, MPEG-4, H.264), HEVC (H.265), DivX Plus MKV, XAVC, MXF, DVCPRO HD, XAVC S.

Audio: MP3, MPA, M4A, WAV, AMR, AC3, AAC, Vorbis, WMA.

Graphic: JPS, BMP, GIF, JPG, PCX, PSD, TGA, TIF, WMF, PNG, J2K.

Export Formats:

AVCHD, DVD (DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R or DVD+RW, dual layer).

Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad/TV, Sony PSP/PS3/PS4, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Xbox compatible formats.

DV, HDV, AVI, DivX, WMV, MPEG-1/-2/-4, Flash, 3GP, WAV, MP2, MP3, MP4, HEVC (H.265, H.264), DivX Plus MKV, JPEG, TIF, TGA, BMP, XAVC S.

Dolby Digital 5.1-channel.

Blu-ray Support:

Requires purchase of a separate plug-in from within the product.

Requires Blu-ray Disc reader and/or burner.

Supported Languages:

Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.

This is the desktop specs:

windows 10, Intel core i5. HD 250gb. Ram 8gb
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics Form Factor: Small Form Factor (SFF)
Processor Speed: 3.10GHz Hardware Connectivity: DisplayPort, VGA, USB 2.0
Features: VGA, DisplayPort, 10 USB 2.0 Ports, Windows 10

I am also concerned about the integrated gaphics card, should I be?

he's referring to aspect ratio like 16:9 or 1.78:1
we're used to watching movies with black bars on the top and bottom and with a certain aspect ratio but people change it up sometimes and release movies in different aspect ratios.

As far as monitor generally downscaling losing quality so if you have a 1920x1200 and you set it to display at 1920x1080 to match a video it wont be quite as nice as a monitor with native 1920x1080 display

Never watched a movie on mine (use the TV in same room) but yeah for doing that, native HD is nice.

Link us to the monitor please? There's some good and bad brands out there and such. And to me the panel type is important.

Bro, let me just save you some steps and tell you this monitor rocks. It's a 24" with an IPS panel and plenty of connection choices. I was blown away by the brightness and color when I got it. It has a micro bezel as well, pretty much invisible. This is it on ebay, but it's the official Dell store.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Dell-UltraSh...tor-U2417h/2204861350?iid=222660960659&chn=ps
I could get a pre own for less than a thrid, 1/3 of that. No offense, but I'd rather let you drive it off the lot.

You get what you pay for. You mentioned an RCA before. If you trust that brand go for it. They are not known to make quality, well, not since the 1950s. :lol:

Maybe it would be easier for us to help you if you tell us how much you're willing to spend on your computer parts. How I can advise you is by saying when buying computer part, do not go cheap. They will not last long, or they will bottleneck (Slow performance).

Maybe it would be easier for us to help you if you tell us how much you're willing to spend on your computer parts. How I can advise you is by saying when buying computer part, do not go cheap. They will not last long, or they will bottleneck (Slow performance).

Im seeing used 24" for around $100 on Ebay.

Bottleneck means to operate slowly? Can a monitor bottleneck?

What are the specifications?

Another:Refresh Rate: $80.00 Refresh rate 75Hz Display Technology: LED LCD
MPN:
24MP60VQ-P
Model:
24MP60VQ-P
Video Inputs: DVI-D, VGA D-Sub, HDMI Modified Item: No
Response Time: 5ms Brightness: 250cd/m²
Brand:
LG
Custom Bundle: No
Non-Domestic Product: No Aspect Ratio: 16:9