Crowdfunding ???

I hope this is the right place for this question, so here goes. I started to raise money to make my short film. I have a campaign on indiegogo but as I exhaust all my own connections, i.e. friends & family, it doesn't seem like strangers want to donate. I have a beautiful film project that brings awareness to burn survivors. Any suggestions as to getting funding??

A: Consider your "first" attempt as being educational - as you begin plotting for your "next" crowdfunding campaign. (Pretty much just write this one off. There is no magic pot O gold, nowhere.)
B: Pour over all the campaigns in this: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=39742
C: Adopt whatever valuable takeaways you can from this: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=38636

Good luck.
Crowdfunding isn't easy.
People are stingy with their cash when it comes to buying a pig in a poke.

You need to give THEM a good reason for them to donate.

Most people write a crowdfunding campaign on why it's good for you to get donations.

If that makes no sense to you, think of it like this: When you're looking at donating your money, what do you look for? What makes you pull out the wallet and give? Pro tip: It's all about how they'll feel.

Discovered the wealth of information in rayw's posts linked above...

Wow! That's some great stuff! I'll be in the same boat soon; I recently parodied my production in this image to personify my not-so-certain mindset towards it. Delura is slated to be subject to crowdfunding sometime Febuary, but i'm not going to hold my breath and count on tons of donors... I'd be SHOCKED if I got more than $700, personally :)

Production_Management_001.jpg

In short, I feel what you're going through deboraeb... all you can do is a combination of research, learning and putting fourth your best efforts. The rest is up to circumstance... but know that you will always walk away with experience no matter what. I have done countless productions that never saw completion, but even though I felt that effort was wasted at the time, it turns out that it made more of an impact to future work than I realized. Looking back can help you move forward.

Last edited:
people seem to not even want to part with 50 cents.
Have you? How many campaigns have you donated to and how much each time?

I have a beautiful film project that brings awareness to burn survivors. Any suggestions as to getting funding??
This might be a project that could receive grant money. Have you explored that route?
Have you considered targeting the many groups out there who treat burn patients and
assist in their recovery?

Last edited:
Yes, I have donated to other projects. But no, other projects have not donated to mine. But still, I don't give to receive. Never have. I've definitely been targeting burn survivor groups, as well as corporate funding from scar medicines, etc. I'm doing what I have to do, just doesn't seem like it's ever enough. But I'll keep going. I've raised about half of what I need so far. Not all bad.

Back