Monologues?

Hey guys...a little update since last time I was here, I was able to land an audition thanks to help provided here and IMTA. But the thing is I need to have a monologue ready by tuesday...does anyone know good monologue resource files where many upcoming actors get them from? I found
monologuearchive.com which is mostly play monologues
http://www.whysanity.net/monos/ for movie monologues

Are these two of the better resources or does anyone know better ones? And also does anyone know any good audition monologues overall? Thanks a lot, hoping to hear from you guys soon, Dennis V Borisov.

The best place I can think of is Barnes & Nobles. I was there this week and they had tons of monologue collection books for actors. I'm sure at any book store they would have these collections.

yeah the audition asks for a 1 min monologue, and whats the difference between the two anyways? and weapon i was talking about online resources, i am prob gonna hit book store also just to read up on acting techniques

Sides is reading from the actual script, they'll send you some pages in advance and have a reading partner for you. Much more informative for the director, you can visualize the person in the role. Monologues, to me, are useless. Someone could nail one, and read from the script and totally not fit. I cut to the chase. Sides.

Good luck!

Thanks, yeah I know what you mean by sides now, I used to watch Entourage and main characters brother had a side audition, well see the thing I did is it is kinda like side i am doing but its a monologue also...For who seen V for Vendetta, which is I suppose many of you. In the beginning of the movie, Evey has a monologue about how man and idea are different...thats what I decided to do, but it is actually a side if i understand correctly because it is part from a movie, which is spoken by female actor...Do you think this is a good read for me to do?

No, what I meant was sides from the script for the movie you are auditioning for. But you said they don't want that, they want a monologue. A monologue is from a movie too, it's just not interrupted by another actor.

Secret agent and indie webmaster. Haha. A filmmaker that hasn't made a film in awhile. A vocalist. A cat.

Cool, are they any well known films? Meaning like dvd released? Because if they are I would gladly check em out and tell my friends hey! i know this guy lol. Are you retired from film making or just taking a break?

Even if you find a 'movie monologue' book or site, I don't recommend you use it. You really shouldn't do a movie monoloque...more famous films will directly be related to name actors, and you don't want a casting director thinking of Pacino's performance as you do your bit.

When someone asks for a monologue, they realize it will be from a play.

And honestly, if a film production asks for a monologue, they are going about things the wrong way. Film actors shouldn't have to act in a void (no actors should), it's all about reaction and connection. They should read sides from the production, or potentially do improv with other actors to get a different feel for the actor's range. Monologues are a bad choice--especially for a film audition.

I was recently asked to do a monologue at a film audition, and I told them ever since I started getting a lot of film work, I've left my monologues behind. They didn't press the subject, and I got the job anyway. I wouldn't stress about knowing monologues as a film actor...but if you must, keep two contrasting ones under your belt...just don't make them from movies....

Back