Sending a member a PM

I have given a serious look around the site, but haven't been able to find any place or any way that I can send a PM to a fellow member. Have I been looking in the wrong place/s, or is this facility just not available?

Thanks.

go to the person's name, click on the name. you will get a menu, choose what you want to do from the menu :)

-- spinner :cool:

Well, thanks. Hmmm...in this particular instance, it appears that the only private means of contact is via the said person's website. However, this appears to have some serious technical problems, as far as I can figure.

The person is one of the majors here. Perhaps I could provide my email address to one of the moderators, and have him contact the said person? Possible?

ATP -- look to the left of every post. You will see the name of the member who submitted the post in the gray box. Click on the member's name and a drop-down list of options should appear. One of those options should be to send a private message.

Another option -- there is a medium gray box near the top right of the screen. It says "Welcome, ATP" -- in that box should be a link for private messages. Click on that, and then look on the left side. You will see a menu block called "Private Messages" and under that, and option to "Send New Message." Click that. If you start typing the member name in the recipient box, the search feature should display the similar member name choices in a pop-up box, and you can choose the right member name from the list.

NOTE -- membership levels have different amounts of allowed PM inbox/outbox messages. If someone's message box is full and they have not cleaned it out , they won't get your message.

Thanks very much. I am used to another version of vBulletin, in a different colour-didn't think to do it this way/didn't register [sound of hand slapping forehead].That seems to have solved the problem.

Now, if the recipient has cleaned out his inbox...

Back