announcement Good things coming in 2016

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Soon we will move to a new platform and re-launch the website. I will keep you updated, it is not happening right away.

IndieTalk will be more social with the ability to like and tag members in posts. Drag and drop images, even from your phone. A fully responsive mobile site. And MUCH more.

It's really good to see a lot of familiar names still active. And great to see this community still thriving, new members and old.

You will be really impressed with what's in store. I want this to be "the" social destination for indie filmmakers. We will all make that happen together! We've been here since 2003, the same year as FB. We launched two weeks before them! And we have always been up there as one of the top destinations for filmmakers, but we want to bring this site into the modern world, as the floorboards are creaky and there's cobwebs in the corners. ;)

So who's with me?

Thanks!

Your Founder

And it is MUCH more than that. Bringing a new look and a ton of features and functions.

Are threads and profile statistics going to transfer over?

There are years of helpful information in these "creaky" boards.

Are threads and profile statistics going to transfer over?

There are years of helpful information in these "creaky" boards.

Of course! Everything in fact.

Sounds great. I guess Facebook integration ain't happening?

Please elaborate, there are many ways to interpret this.

Sounds excellent. The mobile site is brutal.

You're telling me!

sounds good, will you be changing the colour scheme aswell?

Indeed! A bit dingy here. I'll keep some greys though, right? But brighter, especially for posting and reading.

Orange/black/white with greys will still be the IT colors. Suggestions welcome.

Looking forward to seeing new stuff. Of all the online film communities I've been part of, Indietalk is the only one that feels properly global, and that's something unique and worth celebrating.

I think he means RSS syndication where some of the posts here are posted by the IT FB page? Could happen but not tied to the upgrade. :)

I've never even heard of that being possible. Does another forum have such advanced integration?

No idea. From what I can see, forums are mostly dying these days. There's very few that I visit anymore. Facebook seems to have taken over. It seems to be the way of the future, however annoying it is.

I think he means RSS syndication where some of the posts here are posted by the IT FB page? Could happen but not tied to the upgrade.

I was suggesting something a little more complicated/integrated than that. I haven't used RSS for many years.

To be honest I didn't know if it could be implemented. I haven't done web programming for many years.

I have a friend who is... a known programmer, I'll hit him up with the question the next time I see him haha... that kind of integration could make forums come back in fashion.

Unfortunately we can't have your IT posts appear on FB but we'll do our best to make it homey here for you so you like it here better. ;)

It's possible to integrate something like that with code - but the problem is that Facebook has no obligation toward it. The second Facebook makes any update (which they do a lot) it would likely break the system in place.

There is a browser add-on called social fixer that lets you block Facebook posts by regular expression. Such as block any spoilers for star wars.. but that feature has been broken for 6 months now on his add-on. Social fixer seems to break every week or 2 and the guy has to constantly keep working on it.

Personally I considered making a Facebook program with their official API that would turn a group's posts into a forum layout.. because I don't think Facebook groups are nearly as effective for large amounts of topics as a forum is. But I've sworn off software. I'd rather work on my films

Back