• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NeoDimension - Adventure on a machine planet

Hello there! We just recently finished our narrative animation / live action mashup. This is the first story-driven film published by Rayhouse Productions. I did all the visuals by myself, and spent over three months on the project. It was an interesting process and you can check my making of video blog about it on our YouTube channel!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgaLQf3E3qI

PS: The film has subtitles in finnish, if there happens to be some of you finnish speaking people around!

ND1.jpg

Last edited:
Well the graphics were good. Needed some work mixing with other graphics. The voice was terrible, I'm sorry but I did not like the monotone tough guy. Also I didn't like the random chances that happened with everything. For instance when he happens to walk into a room, then happens to see a card, and happens to watch it. But your on a good track. You've got the graphics down pretty good. You just need some tweaking on the plot. Good Job!

Thank you so much for your feedback!

NeoDimension has had a bit of a mixed reception. Some have praised its audio and sound acting, and others have said that the graphics were good and the technique was interesting.

I do agree, that the acting could be better. If we do a project like this in the future, it would be better to act all the parts live and then do the animation and backgrounds to that. In this one, they were done off-sync, which makes it partially confusing.

Thanks!

I recall my original inspiration was the Tychus Findlay character from StarCraft II. But, I guess there's a little bit of Max Payne in there too. This animation and those games are both finnish pieces of art after all ;)

Back