• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Critique my city-wide video?

Hey guys, I worked on this video for about 5 weeks, using actors from different high schools all across my city! I believe this is my best work I've done (it's to "Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall" by Coldplay) and I was hoping you could tell me what I could work on to make my next works better! Thank you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2IPhjRtDk

PS- I'm in high school and have had no "formal" education on video filming/editing, so this is just built off previous experience

OK..I'll be critical only because you asked for it. I hate the shooting stars, too low tech. The sky was flat in some shots, could have added some color to the sky

AND

That was my only picks of the incredibly creative and fun video. Excellent video from start to finish. I see a lot of hard work and creativity. WELL DONE !

If Frylock were here he would give you all of Meatwad's happy stickers.

Last edited:
My only criticism would be on some of the syncing flaws. At the end the drummer forgot to play the crash symbol as well 8/ But I love the creativity! My favorite part was the guy dancing in the parking lot and as his shirt changed color. 8]

Thanks guys! Yes I realized he didn't hit the symbol at the end once I was at home on my computer... And yes I agree, I'm still a n00b at special effects so the stars were the best I could come up with. But thanks! It helps a lot!

Pretty freakin cool man! Great ideas.

Like IndieBudget, only because you asked, the big things I think could be improved are the blown out sky and color from shot-to-shot. On purpose color changes aside, the shot's weren't all white balanced or matched 100% if that makes sense?

Still, the creativity outweighs any technical "flaw" in my opinion. Really, really cool man!

How would I be able to not make the sky blown out? Especially if it's a muggy day with an overcast where the entire sky seems whited out? Do I mess with the aperture or white balance?

Back