Podcasting Filmmakers

So I just tried out subscribing to some Podcasts.

It all began while doing the usual... heading to Democracy Now! to manually download the MP3 of the daily broadcast. The website was now talking about Podcasting the show... well, if it's good enough for Amy Goodman, it's good enough for me. :cool:

To cut to the chase...

I downloaded the newest version of iTunes to see what the hubub was about. The search engine included with iTunes couldn't find my trusty news show, so I followed the instructions on the DN! website. Worked perfectly.

I then set about to browsing through the various iTunes listed Podcasts. There are many categories, and sub-categories of those. I found several "official" stations that had filmmaking titles, so I subscribed to some of those.

Many seemed to deal with still-photography as opposed to moving film... but the topics being discussed applied anyway. Depth of Field, shutter speeds, even general indie-film stuff.

Some of the shows were very good; others were... not so good, shall we say. Some were downright miserable... mainly the weekly ones with two hosts chatting about gibberish.

Anyways...

_______

If you know of any good Podcast filmmaking links, post them here. :)

I still have about a dozen more "official" ones to sort through before I can start giving opinions on which ones are worthwhile, but there must be hundreds of indie-casts that are not listed through the iTunes engine that are worth talking about.

_______

Btw... today I learned tips about Macro-photography, DoF, a Sci-Fi competition with a "pitch to Dreamworks" as a prize, how to best film fireworks & lightning... and a tonne more.

re: podcasts

www.samandjimgotohollywood.com

it's about 2 screenwriters that moved to hollywood from minnesota five years ago, and it chronicles their career. it's been 2 months since their last update, but they seem to have sold a show to ABC, which is pretty cool.

Last edited:
Here you go Zen we do podcasting....

http://www.maia-entertainment.com/v-web/wordpress/

We release short films on the podcast and follow it up with an interview with the films creator. The short films are from our 2005 film fest not all only the ones I got permission to post online. You can find us on iTunes or just about any of the other big podcasting directories just type in "maia" in the search box or use this link...

Maia Entertainment on iTunes

This week we are featuring Cootdog's Scarred for Life. I should have the interview with him this week.

If you check it out let me know what you think.

Rick

Are we allowed to post other sites on the forum?

By the way, Cootdog I sent you a pm, the interview is up. I can send you a pm on how to podcast or if you want I'll call you. Let me know.

Zen,

Hope you like it.

Rick

Rick said:
Are we allowed to post other sites on the forum?
As long as you are not promoting other forums, yes.

Back