• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch SkyTech Label - First Attempt

Try ramping the opacity just before the text comes in, appeared really abrupt for me. 0-100 over 6 frames should be fine

Try ramping the opacity just before the text comes in, appeared really abrupt for me. 0-100 over 6 frames should be fine

It's actually not opacity that comes in for the text. It's an alpha layer with fracture to create a kind of forming text, however it might be happening too fast to notice... I'm going to slow it down for attempt 2... learning CC Particle is my current challenge though.

I'm really not the after effects kind of person... lol Learning as I make it.

Last edited:
Yeah i saw you had something going on, whatever it is it just needs to be less abrupt. That's cool man, you learn by doing - good luck!

I don't really like the animated kerning of the logo at the end - it feels like the text should just be moving forward with the motion of the clouds or something.

Also, look into using easing on your keyframes so that the motion doesn't start/stop abruptly - it'll give the motion a much more natural feel.

I don't really like the animated kerning of the logo at the end - it feels like the text should just be moving forward with the motion of the clouds or something.

Also, look into using easing on your keyframes so that the motion doesn't start/stop abruptly - it'll give the motion a much more natural feel.

Everything you suggested.... was out of my reach when I made this XD (aside from easing keyframes... I simply don't know what you mean by that... there is an ease function? XD I'm bad at post-production/after-effects stuff, explain?)

You see all that is one layer. There is no real movement. Just a lot of positioning (and scaling of the background) to give the perception of movement. I guess I could make the text very small and then scale it up? But with my artificial movement that would just be a lot of work haha...

I will take that advise however in my next attempt :3 where I'll actually be using a camera and a 3d environment, as well as making all of those clouds particles, cause they just don't feel right when moving through them.

Thanks for the feedback :3

Back