• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

IndieGoGo Page for Framed

Hey everyone, I posted an unrevised (I think) version of the script for a future short film, Framed. I finished writing the film and as I am in need of some things (and am too young to get a job), I was wondering if you guys could help out the film by donating to the IndieGoGo page.
Link: http://igg.me/p/55901?a=349560

Sincerely, AssDroidz Films

EDIT: I'm saying all this as someone who regularly contributes to campaigns on IndieGoGo and Kickstarter. If the pitch is strong and I believe in the project, I will donate.

Your campaign is absolutely absurd and I'm not saying that because you're young, I'm saying it because your plan is total bunkum.

You're looking to raise $40,500 but are going to record sound with the Audio Technica ATR 6550 (which you already have)? That's a $50 microphone.

You've allocated $300 for props and then are planning to purchase (people will really want to pay for that) a Canon 5D Mark II and some lenses. I hear you talk in the video about jibs and dollies but I'm not sure where this figure has come from. Seems to me like it's been plucked from the air.

This isn't to dissuade you but obviously you're young and asking for 40K on IndieGoGo is a massive deal. That's a year's income for people. I'm not sure you've thought to through budgeting of your film at all and I think, given that, that it's not really right to be asking people to donate money.

However I'm sure that you can rethink your strategy and come up with a really good film for nothing like that cost.

This is the Classified area folks! Not the discussion area.

This is the Classified area folks! Not the discussion area.

In my defence, I did start writing that before you moved it ;)

But I do feel like if people want to start threads which ask strangers for money they should be receptive to constructive feedback. I hope that AssDroidz Films can improve his campaign, in part, because of my input.

But, you're the boss and 'tis now in the classifieds! :yes:

Back