• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Beautifully made short film on the evils of capitalism

That was very well shot. Beautiful cinematography. I personally didn't find the message that ground-breaking or exciting...but I understood the concept. And I know it's silly to say, but I missed some of the technical beauty because I was reading the subtitles and trying to understand what was going on...but hey, that's not the filmmakers fault. :)

This kind of piece really makes me want to work on pictures that utilize adapters and lenses. There were some very nice DOF effects utilized...and what was good about it was that they didn't overuse them because they could--the rack focuses were all well executed and appropriate.

Thanks for the post.

Giving suggestions on a finished product seems a bit useless, but bear with me since I'm only doing so to flex my creative muscle some....

I liked it, but it felt a little flat to me.

I think starting his emotional fall outside would have yielded more contrast and helped forge the idea he was entering (literally) the world of the corporate process. Maybe begin with his girlfriend walking away crying, leaving him alone on the sidewalk. No dialogue would be needed, just his exposition. Plus, the sets were so similar in theme that I didn't get much sense of any time lapsing or a change in environment.
Outside of that the cinematography was really nice and though I couldn't understand the language (German right?), the acting seemed believable.

Overall a very well done film.

-CG

Great stuff!
I had to watch it twice though, once to read the subtitles and once to watch the reactions on the characters.

Thaks for the comments which we'll pass on to Christian; it is a shame we don't all speak the same language sometimes! He's just completed another short we'll be posting up soon, more of dramatic situation this time.

Back