• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Interesting New Lights - Kickstarter

Hi guys,

Barricaded inside in whiteout conditions I was scanning the net and was wondering if anyone had seen this new Kickstarter from Blind Spot Gear?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blindspotgear/the-scorpion-light-v2-revolutionising-your-films?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=scorpion%20

Looks like a really nice versatile set up, ideal for interview set ups and lighting on the go. Really enjoy the gooseneck idea, haven't really seen anything else comparable on the market. Thoughts?

Tom

This is when my Spidey Sense kicks in:

"I was scanning the net..." "I haven't really seen anything comparable..."
and a first post.

Tom, you are doing some marketing for a product you are involved
in - hold your head up high and tell us about the product and how
you are involved. It seems unlikely that you found this kickstarter
randomly and then found indietalk for the first time and then signed
up to ask what people here think of it.

I love hearing about new products - we all do. But I find this type of
marketing insulting. I am (and most of here on indietalk are) a little
smarter than that. Don't try to trick me into checking out your product.
I prefer to be treated with respect. I'm not a rube.

Hi guys,

Barricaded inside in whiteout conditions I was scanning the net and was wondering if anyone had seen this new Kickstarter from Blind Spot Gear?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blindspotgear/the-scorpion-light-v2-revolutionising-your-films?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=scorpion%20

Looks like a really nice versatile set up, ideal for interview set ups and lighting on the go. Really enjoy the gooseneck idea, haven't really seen anything else comparable on the market. Thoughts?

Tom

Last edited:
This is when my Spidey Sense kicks in:

"I was scanning the net..." "I haven't really seen anything comparable..."
and a first post.

Tom, you are doing some marketing for a product you are involved
in - hold your head up high and tell us about the product and how
you are involved. It seems unlikely that you found this kickstarter
randomly and then found indietalk for the first time and then signed
up to ask what people here think of it.

I love hearing about new products - we all do. But I find this type of
marketing insulting. I am (and most of here on indietalk are) a little
smarter than that. Don't try to trick me into checking out your product.
I prefer to be treated with respect. I'm not a rube.

Should have been more specific you are right, I was scanning the net for forums rather than the Kickstarter! I'm rather new to self promotion in general so didn't want to come across as straight forward marketing but rather looking to generate some discussion about our new light. Apologies for approaching this in the wrong fashion, didn't mean to treat any one link an idiot but I totally get where you're coming from, Lesson learned!

Last edited:
Would have been really nice to hear "I invented a new type of lighting and am trying to make it a reality via kickstarter, please let me know what you think."

I love checking out new stuff. I hate shill marketing.

You are welcome to a clean slate. Tell us more. :)

Thanks, appreciate you overlooking my attempt to avoid being a shit marketer! Well to go into more detail it's a kickstarter for the Scorpion v2, which is the light which brought Blind Spot Gear into the market 4 years ago to the day. We are a small innovative lighting company who look to produce high quality, portable lighting solutions for the film industry.

5d8a2bb60c563244e389736ebeac5c65_original.jpeg

The joy of a Scorpion light kit is its versatility - from a well organised flight case to interview set up with in ten minutes it can be placed just about anywhere securing it by the 5/8"" spigot or 1/4""-20 female thread.This means it can be attached to the super clamp, a lighting stand or a camera cage while being powered by AC or NPF batteries (run time of 80 mins on full power.)

a42c7d1a578e94151d4ce5d7a2ff00b4_original.jpg

We got great feedback from the original kit, which has been used in remote locations across the world, and with the v2 light we looked to fix some of the issues we encountered our original product by reducing the size, increasing the brightness and colour quality while also improving the goose neck rigidity.

Back