I'm a serious investor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to read that, ptp. But let me get this straight, don't you limeys have pretzels?

Our pretzels usually come in packets, are baked to crunch, and covered in salt. That's a pretzel. Now imagine my surprise, when some guy has got the mammoth like pretzels swinging off a stick. I buy, I bite, I wallow in dissapointment.

Asking for investors on an indie filmmakers site is like going to a homeless shelter to beg for change.

I thought that approach was kinda weird myself.
Kinda like going to Home Depot to ask other customers if they want to pay for his home project.
"Um... nope. I'm pretty sure everyone here is looking for stuff to build their own thing at home. But have a day just the same." ;)

PS, I'm about to goto WalMart to ask customers there if they want to fund my supper purchse.
I'm thinking about Hawiian pizza. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.
I think I'll begin by making a small "representational" pizza to demonstrate what the whole pizza will look like.
The money will be spent on upgrading our microwave oven to a convection microwave oven.
For a $10 donation I'll email a picture of my family enjoying the representational Hawaiian Pizza.
For a $50 donation I'll UPS to you a slice of the actual "bonus" Hawaiian Pizza.
Thank you for your support.

PPS, If you argue with me clearly it's a more sophisticated, high-concept... concept than you're capable of understanding. Quit typing at me.

:rolleyes:

Our pretzels usually come in packets, are baked to crunch, and covered in salt. That's a pretzel. Now imagine my surprise, when some guy has got the mammoth like pretzels swinging off a stick. I buy, I bite, I wallow in dissapointment.

Wait. Are you talking about this?

p476622-Dallas-Auntie_Annes_Pretzel.jpg

Because that is what is known as a 'soft pretzel.' It's something Americans tend to find themselves eating in shopping malls, having no memory of how it came into their possession. Leaving their eyes glazed and their brain on hibernate.

But seriously, we have normal pretzels, too :) The crunchy kind that come in plastic bags.

rold-gold-lightly-salted-tiny-twist-pretzels-bag-front.jpg

dude, you ROCK

I thought that approach was kinda weird myself.
Kinda like going to Home Depot to ask other customers if they want to pay for his home project.
"Um... nope. I'm pretty sure everyone here is looking for stuff to build their own thing at home. But have a day just the same." ;)

PS, I'm about to goto WalMart to ask customers there if they want to fund my supper purchse.
I'm thinking about Hawiian pizza. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's it.
I think I'll begin by making a small "representational" pizza to demonstrate what the whole pizza will look like.
The money will be spent on upgrading our microwave oven to a convection microwave oven.
For a $10 donation I'll email a picture of my family enjoying the representational Hawaiian Pizza.
For a $50 donation I'll UPS to you a slice of the actual "bonus" Hawaiian Pizza.
Thank you for your support.

PPS, If you argue with me clearly it's a more sophisticated, high-concept... concept than you're capable of understanding. Quit typing at me.

:rolleyes:

I never ever ever use the acronym LOL for "Laugh Out Loud", but I just laughed so hard at this post, I have tears streaming down my cheek.

From the bottom of my heart - THANK YOU for the gift of laughter today.

Never mind a project, I need you guys to invest in my new ARRI Alexa with Zeiss compact primes. Asking you to invest in an entire project would seem gluttonous.

I don't see the point of making fun of a newbie that is obviously serious (they became Premiere right away).

The member has been advised of how to post, but is this a very nice welcome?

The person emailed me that they are new and didn't know the rules, next time please don't do this CF. Ridicule members on another site if you're going to run them off of mine.

How about just using the report button instead of making a spectacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back