What a System

This has probably reached around the country, but just in case it hasn't.

Ocean Parkway is a stretch of two lane desolate highway that runs along what's known as Jones Beach. When I lived on Long Island, I would drive it with a beer in my lap and the radio blasting. The Oak Beach Inn was along there, and some high-end housing. But, for the most part, no cops, no cars, and no lights.

Late last year, a craigslist prostitute went screaming from a client's house. Since then she hasn't been heard or seen from. The police interviewed the john, but never arrested him.

They've now found ten bodies buried along Ocean Parkway. Four of them are craigslist prostitutes (first bodies found, and since identified). This mother fucker hasn't been arrested. How about taking his computer and doing forensic history on it. If it's old, he probably used it to contact the other dead women.

Common sense has got to start being a part of society again.

I'm a Long Island resident but I've been in London solidly for the past six months and I hadn't even heard about this! It's pretty shocking stuff.

Not sure if you can blame the police for not apprehending this guy though. I doubt all the information is available and I'm sure they have very good reasons for not going after him, the police are usually quick (some would say too quick) to step in when there's a large public and media reaction to a murder.

Still, the whole thing looks fishy and not too great for Craigslist's PR department...

What are you doing in London? Hope you're having a good time.

Make sure to go to PIE AND MASH. It's... It sure is.

What are you doing in London? Hope you're having a good time.

Make sure to go to PIE AND MASH. It's... It sure is.

Ha! I am an Englishman and native Londoner (well Crawleyer for geography buffs) I've just always held US residency because my Dad 'lives' out there.

But because I haven't flown West in so long I didn't catch this. It's the scariest thing to happen on Long Island since the Montauk Monster...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_monster

The dog, yeah. What part of the Island does your dad live? I lived in Babylon for 35 years. The Island will always be my home.

Back