• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Y.A.F.I.:Underground Media's 48 Hour Film - 2007

We shot fabulously (really cool looking footage), then fell asleep (literally) on the edit...next year, we'll have more than one editor working together on it to keep each other going. I would've woken him, but I was downstairs shooting.

We need to add a second camera just for tape import.

We need to push the schedule...moving forward always, no time to rest. Our shoot was pretty relaxed except for the main 5 folks on our shoot (DP, Director, Script Sup, Producer, 1st AC)...but that was a good stress.

We had one new actress who just couldn't get the lines down, so we had to rewrite at about the 3/4 mark for footage on the first day!

With 15 minutes to go, I was given the score to drop onto the timeline (not the composers' fault...it was due to the editor falling asleep, which is a risk you run in a comp like this)...the mix was too high on the music, luckily, the theaters' sound system pushed the mids for the voice and the music toned down miraculously! There was no time to work the audio to get rid of stage directions either...oops.

The audience laughed in all the right places. We're currently re-editing for other festival releases to try to get some awards! The re-edit is much better so far.

Here's the piece that was shown (we're not as proud of it as we will be of the re-edit):
http://www.yafiunderground.com/Video/9thlife-MPEG-1.mpg

Here's a rough of the re-edit:
http://www.yafiunderground.com/Video/9thLife-LB-final.mov

This may sound a little odd, but I liked the original better. Perhaps it was the presentation, being able to see and appreciate the camera work moreso because of the higher quality. I watched the re-edit first. In the opening scene of the re-edit, it took a bit to get oriented on what I was witnessing, but with the original the dialogue made it clear what the story was about.

It still amazes me how much you can accomplish in just 48 hours. I'm over 48 days into my own project and haven't shot a single foot yet.

It's a rough and based on your suggests last week, I'll be introducing the cat sooner along with the two characters.

<note type=editorial>LOC may find the topics here very familiar...I was thinking the same thing while listening to the writers, but as far as I know, they've never seen the Bad Cat vids at all! I didn't tell them about it either.</note>

FYI-Required elements:

genre: Buddy Film

character: Jill/John Meyers, Veterinarian
prop: portable music player
line: "They will get them, if we let them"

Back