• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "DANI"

Very, very nice.

Might've been a little tooooo swishy in the camera movement, but still very nice. :)

camera was indeed too swishy by going out of frame a couple of times, also there were quite a few shots which were out of focus, the outside shots looked really good and i liked the camerawork, for too long iv been saying people need to connect with the emotion which i felt the cameraman kind of did but got a bit too excited and forgot about focus and framing.

I hated the shot with the dog looking back i felt it could have transitioned earlier (opinion)

to be honest i didn't really get what this was about, I didn't get if there was a story or what, it just seemed like 2 people in love but then the bf acts funny and she leaves him or something..?

overall i think the inside shots needed to be lit a lot better it was kind of flat for me.

but good job :) definitely some good bits in there.

Nice work! Some shots did look a bit noisy and dark, but overall - awesome job! That was great :)
Thank you Dominic!
Beautiful.
Thanks Oliver. You made my day ++
Cinematography and choice of colour in certain settings was really nice. Simple little short, I liked it.
Thank you Marshall!
Good emotion with that video.

The song choice went really well with the visual.
Thank you Vincent!
the shot with the dog looking back
good job :) definitely some good bits in there.

Ah, my fav shot. Thank you 8sal +

The song choice went really well with the visual

To expand on that, what I did was to create little song 'blocks', or measures, played by various instruments to the exact same time signature. There were a few motifs, & some note textures. I then took these pre timed blocks into premiere, which allowed tailoring the song structure to the story, while keeping my head clear of the technical worries of composing software. (All i had to do was experiment with different structures and combos by simply matching the start of the blocks) It was a great experience, & made the creative process front and center, instead of back burner.

Back